sneaking out ~ 19

CW: Drug Addiction, Slight Arguing 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evangeline

Evangeline and Preston spent the next week doing the same thing on repeat. They both would wake up, eat breakfast, watch TV, eat again, and then sleep. It was aggravating because each time Evangeline asked him if he wanted to go out or do something else he would decline her offer and tell her that she needed to rest.  Evangelines palms were now fully healed and she didn't feel the need to drink or self-harm, she had reassured Preston she was fine, but he kept saying no and that Eve needed to stay in. 

He had gotten really annoyed one day and told Evangeline that being with her is like babysitting a toddler who constantly won't shut the fuck up. Evangeline knew he was annoyed so she told him to take a walk which he said no too, and stomped off, so not only was Eve frustrated but now she has an upset Preston who she has to take care of. The next day Evangeline had decided to sneak out, it was immature but, if Jesse was going to treat her like a child and baby, then she would have to break some rules.

It was about 1 A.M when Eve heard Preston turn the TV off and saw the lights dim. Evangeline had already changed into some sweatpants and a cotton top. She got out of bed not putting her shoes on, but instead only putting her socks on, so when she walked across the floorboard her footsteps weren't heard. 

Sneaking out as a teenager took practice but eventually she mastered it. Her parents were strict, considering they were mafia but, they were always out so she thought going partying would be easy; except the fact that her parents installed security on the doors so she couldn't leave. If she even tried to get out of her bedroom past curfew, there would be consequences. 

She usually snuck out to see Annie, who would be waiting at a near by park for her. Some things don't change because now she was sneaking out to go see Spencer; the other love of her life.

Maybe.

She opened her bedroom door slightly, so it wouldn't creak; she made sure to take small steps, as to not wake the 6'2 man sleeping on the couch. The slight snores she heard told her, he must have been really exhausted and not waking up soon. She gently grabbed the car keys from the table and opened the front door. When she entered Spencer's car once again, her sense of smell was overflowed with his scent. 

She missed him, she missed his cuddles, and the forehead kisses he would give her in the morning, how he would rub her thumb along the palm of her hand while the two watched TV and just enjoyed the time they had together. 

She sat in his car just trying to think if she should go to his apartment or go back upstairs, she didn't want to bother him but she always couldn't handle how annoying Preston was being lately. She had decided on going to Spencer's because maybe he could calm her down so that she wouldn't end up screaming and possibly killing Preston. 

Evangeline drove silently to Spencer's apartment, just sitting in the darkness of the car, listening to the other cars drive by. It had started to drizzle and it reminded Eve of the night her and Spencer had got together. How afterwards he cuddled and held her because she cried about her life. 

Evangeline started to feel guilty, she hadn't been the best person towards Spencer because he had comforted her too many times to count and she hadn't even talked to him about how he feels. 

She made a mental note to ask him about it as she pulled into his apartment building parking lot. She went up the stairs which were only lit by the moonlight; she knocked on the door softly hoping he would hear it, She wasn't expecting him to be up, it was 1:40 A.M but by her surprise he opened the door almost immediately. He looked different, his eyes were almost blood-shot, his hair ruffled and poking out from the back, his eye bags were darker than usual and his face looked pale, he looked sick.