pilot ~ 1

Evangeline Vera has always been an extraordinary woman, coming from a horrible past she quickly became the disappointment of her family.

Evangeline moved to Quantico, Virginia to pursue her dream of becoming an FBI Profiler for the Behavioral Analysis Unit. It helped that she already had a friend in Virginia, her best friend who also was coincidentally the disappointment of his family.

Their two family's had known each other for decades and did business with each other. Recently things had changed, the two families went to war with one another, this separated the two friends. 

They decided to keep their friendship secret for now just to be safe, not create an unwanted argument. Evangeline has now worked at the BAU for a little over 4 years. The team has become the family she's never had.

'EH EH EH EH'
"ugmhwhathavpem SHIT SHIT shit I'm going to be late" Evangeline practically ran out of bed, late for yet another day at the BAU. "Wow Eve you really are the best at keeping a schedule aren't you" she mumbled under her breath.

Quickly brushing her teeth, brushing her hair, putting it in a half up half down style, putting on light makeup that consisted of mascara, highlight, and some lip gloss; dressing in a white button up blouse that associated her curves well; tucked into black dress pants with pockets, putting on her ex- fiancés necklace holding it in her hand for a second just to admire who it once belonged to; putting on the ring she was always supposed to wear, and putting on 2 inch chunky heel boots, and finally she was on her way.

"Fuck. Fuck you traffic!" Her phone began to ring as the caller ID read 'JESSE' She quickly picked up the phone.

"Hey pres what's going on?" Trying to make a u-turn down the busy street. 

"Eve we need to talk, and I mean it. It's urgent" He spat out within a matter of seconds. 

"Wow wow slow down, what's going on?"

"I can't exactly tell you over the phone. Where the hell are you? Me and Ian need to discuss a few family matters with you." His voice started slowing down but the urgent tone didn't stop.

"Shit alright. First stop screaming at me, second i'm late for work so meet me later and we can talk, how important is this family conversation" Evangeline now feeling a sort of anxiety rush throw her. 

"Evangeline I'm not joking when I tell you it's important. Please be careful and remember-" The once harsh male voice sounding more sincere.

"Don't trust anyone I know Jesse I love you alright? Bye." 

"Bye." She grabbed her phone once lodged in between her neck and chin ending the call. 

I'm already in enough stress this morning now I have to deal with my psycho family? Great morning this is turning out to be.

Evangeline finally made it to the Quantico headquarters, running to the elevator frantically pushing the button that read a very faded '6' from the amount of times it's been pressed, and ran to the round table room.

"Vera you're late" A man with dark slicked to the side hair who's name happened to be Aaron Hotchner, stated roughly.

"Yes I'm sorry Hotch my alarm clock was set for the wrong time, then traffic, crazy morning. Won't happen again" I said with an awkward chuckle.

Evangeline looked around the room and saw Penelope Garcia standing at the front of the room with a small black remote in her hand, where she usually is during briefings; Derek Morgan sitting with a coffee in hand, next to him with a tablet in her hand was Emily Prentiss, and sitting next to her was Jennifer Jareau tapping a pen on the brown glazed round wood table, David Rossi sitting a few inches away and then at the end of the table sitting fully across from Evangeline with what seemed to be un-groomed brown hair that looked like he was in a boyband, with his hazel eyes, and his puckered lips, was Doctor Spencer Reid.

A/N
hi welcome to the first chapter eek! i know it's pretty short but i was to excited to start the story. so please let me know what you think about it and i hope you have a great day! i might post another chapter today i'm not sure...       - mack ;)

- Note from 04/09/22: WELL THIS WAS INTERESTING TO RE-READ NGL- I definitely was expecting worse but who knows! also not bad for a first chapter ngl almost 800 words.