welcome home ~ 5

TW: Eating Disorder, Alcoholism, Homophobia, Self Harm || if any of these topics make you uncomfortable I will add a brief recap in the next chapter.
recap from the previous chapter: Found out Evangeline had a fiancé named Annie and she was murdered by someone in Evangelines family. Evangeline remembered Annie's speech to her when Evangeline told Annie about her past and found out Evangelines last name is actually Arendondo but she took Annie's last name which is Vera.

—————————

On the way back to her apartment Evangeline gave Spencer a ride who never drove so she always had to drive him, but that's not what was on her mind.

The jet ride was fairly quiet and no one really talked to Evangeline. On her way out of the BAU Hotch had asked her to meet him in his office before she left for the weekend.

"Yes? You wanted to see me?" Evangeline asked as she stepped into his office. 

"Yes Evangeline I wanted to talk to you about something personal for a second, please close the door and take a seat" he motioned to the chair on the other side of his desk from where he was sitting.

"Evangeline I care about you and your well being, so starting next week you will be on payed leave for some personal time. I've already checked with the director and you have enough vacation days from working here at the BAU and from working at SOU" She was about to speak up when Hotch quickly interrupted. "Y/N please don't argue with me on this. I know how it feels to lose someone you love and when Haley's death anniversary passed I had a very hard time concentrating on working and just doing anything. I just want the best for you so please take some time off." He was right and she knew it, but Evangeline wanted to work, she wanted to save lives probably because she couldn't save Annies.

"Okay I won't fight you on this, but Aaron please note that I will be available if a case comes in. I don't care if i'm screaming at the world that's it cruel or something but please don't hesitate to call me." She stated knowing she was probably going to scream at the world that it was indeed cruel. He gave her a small nod and smile, and she makes your way out to the bullpen. "Bye everyone I'll see later!" you scream to the team who is in the break area getting coffee or just chatting. They give you small waves of smiles and you head over to Spencer who's waiting patiently for you by the elevator.

"Hey pretty boy you ready to go" she says with a large smile to Spencer. "Yeah of course I've been waiting, because you take so long" he obviously exaggerating, giving her a toothy grin.  As the two exit the parking lot of the Quantico building she says "Hey do you want to come over to my apartment by chance? I mean you don't have to but I was just.... I don't really want to be alone right now is all" her voice now small and fragile.

He looked at her with confusion and concern, he's known something has been bothering her, but what? That was the question, he didn't want to bother her or be up in her business but he also just wanted to help his best friend. "Yeah of course I'll come over. Can I ask why you don't want to be alone? 60% of the population feels alone and depressed, not that I'm saying you're depressed and alone or anything I'm just sayi- sorry I'm rambling." Evangeline looks over and sees how he starts fidgeting with his hands, he's staring down at them.

She reaches out her hand from the steering wheel and puts it on the bundle of his hands. "You're fine, I actually really like when you rant, I like listening to people, I like listening to them talk about things they're passionate about. You always seem so passionate about the things you say, so I like to listen."

"Wow, thank you no one has ever told me that before, the team always tells me to stop or they interrupt me." Evangeline looks at him now noticing a small blush across his face as he looks at her hands darting to her face as she could feel her face getting hot.