a family reunion ~ 6

TW: Abuse, Death, Blood

recap: Spencer made a hurtful comment about how Evangeline isn't opening up about her past and Evangeline screamed at him, it ended with Spencer leaving her apartment regretful for what he said, and Evangeline was hit over the head and we passed out. We also found out about Evangeline's and Hotch's friendship.

------------------------------

Spencer

I shouldn't have said that. Goddamnit how can you be so stupid Spencer.

Is all he could think, he was headed to Rossi's mansion because they decided that tonight would be a good break from all the stress. They invited Evangeline but she said she couldn't make it, which was typical because she doesn't go out with the team. She wasn't exactly the type of person to bond with people. For god-sakes Spencer didn't know she even had other friends until four days ago. 

As he was walking to Rossi's door as a hour had passed since he saw Evangeline. He realized that he didn't have a ride so he took the bus to the closest stop near Rossi's house. He knocked three times on the door and was welcomed with Hotch, with a big smile on his face. Hotch's smile quickly faded as he gave him a thin lipped smile. He started to walk into the house but Hotch grabbed my arm. "Hey Reid are you alright you look a little flushed?" Spencer was slightly nauseous, he had never seen Evangeline so upset before so he knew he triggered something in her. 

What happened in her past? 

That was the only question.

"Yeah I'm fine but I have a question." I stared at Hotch, his face was more relaxed but gave off a scary vibe. "Yeah sure go ahead Spencer." 

"Do you know whats wrong with Evangeline? I've noticed something lately and it was weird because she always seems so out-going and fun, but the second we ask her to go to the bar with us or go to a 'dinner at Rossi's she gets all weird." Spencer says with one breath.

"Reid-" Hotch tries to interrupt him but he keeps going.

"And like I try to be nice to her, all the time but apparently that's not enough for her, she gets defensive when we ask about her past, she wont even tell us where she's from. She has these barriers that she needs broken down." his voice cracks slightly sounding fragile.

"Am I not good enough to be her friend or something because she acts like the world is the worst place ever and like yeah the stuff we see on the daily is horrible but you would think she would want to talk about it at least once. I was just so aggravated with her for at least not explaining why there was two men in her apartment pointing guns at us when we entered and why they were even there or who they were." Spencer was now all a full blown rant not realizing he's voice was breaking.

"Spencer slow down what's going on with Evangeline?" Hotch grabs his shoulder. Spencer stars at him with his mouth parted slightly thinking of what to say next. "Spencer what two men were in her apartment, what were their names?" Hotch asked trying to see if Evangeline was in danger or not. 

"Jesse and Ian they said their names were, she seemed to know who they were and when she told me to leave I told her no and said I "Evangeline I want to know whats going on with you, because these past three days, no not just these past three days but these past 4 years you have been acting weird, never talking about yourself, never once going out with the team to the bar, how you always call us our last names you have never once called me Spencer it's always Reid. So yeah Evangeline, no because you're going to tell me whats wrong with you. Now." Spencer remembering their argument word for word. 

Curse you eidetic memory. 

The team could hear Hotch take a big sigh. "Shit" is all he said before he started making his way out, reaching into his pocket to grab his phone. Spencer following close behind Hotch, walking down the steps of Rossi's porch. "Hotch I know I messed up already." Spencer said sounding a little more human than sounding like a thirteen year old going through puberty.