Chapter 7

Chapter 7

        Later that night, I pulled into a parking space at the training pool and looked around at the empty lot. The only other car here belonged to that guy, who still hadn’t told me his name. Feeling slightly relieved but still nervous, I got out of my car, walking up to the door slowly. I pulled on the door, and opened it. Not really knowing where I was going, I wandered through the girls’ locker room and out to where the pools actually were. There were two of them; one was shallow, only going to five feet deep. The other was the deep pool, going down at least twelve feet. The shallower one was for the beginners and the children while the deeper one was for more advanced swimmers and had a high dive. Not seeing anyone around, I set my stuff down on a bench nearby and slipped off the clothes I had on over my bikini. I walked over to the edge of the pool and dived in, not wanting to delay the transformation. Feeling my legs tingle, I came up for air; and when I looked down, I saw my tail. Every time I saw it, a smile would instantly appear on my face. Caught up in my own happiness, I started swimming around, getting better practice with my tail. The one thing I noticed when I had the tail was that I could breathe under water. I swam in circles, occasionally doing a somersault under water or a flip in the air like dolphins do.  Hearing a high pitched whistle, I broke the surface of the water and looked around, spotting the guy from school standing by the diving board. I swam over to where he was standing and rested my arms against the edge of the pool as he crouched down to be somewhat level with me.

        “I see you’re having fun,” he smirked. I nodded happily, and then remembered that I still did not actually know who he was.

        “You know, you never told me what your name is. Care to share?” I observed, watching him closely.

        “Isaac. Isaac Kalani,” he disclosed. Isaac. That’s a nice name, I thought to myself.

        I looked around briefly before looking back at him, “So, where do we start? What’s first?”

        Shrugging his shoulders, he responded, “Well, first you have to get out of the water.” I raised my eyebrows at him, sending him an ‘are-you-serious-right-now?’ look. He chuckled slightly before sticking his hands out for me to grab. I grabbed onto them, and he pulled me out of the water. Since I couldn’t use any legs to help him, I was pretty much dead weight. He moved to grab something and that’s when I noticed he had brought a stack of towels with him. When he got close enough, he threw a towel at me, which I caught before it hit my face. “Dry off. We’ve got to start from the beginning, and we can’t do that if you still have a tail,” he said firmly, crossing his arms. I glared at him before doing what he said. As I dried off, he asked me questions, “What do you think about when you touch water or when water touches you?” I shrugged slightly, not hesitating with my answer.

        “I think about my tail. Both positively and negatively. Like today at school when Kiana poured that water on me, I was thinking about how everyone was going to see what I am. But, when I’m at home, then I think about how beautiful my scales are and how much I love it.” My tail turned back into my legs, and I stood up, wrapping the towel around me.

        “Well, now, you’ve got other things to think about when you change.”

        Crinkling my eyebrows, I commented, “Like what?”  He walked closer to me and put his hands on my shoulders, turning me so that I was facing the water and he was behind me.

        “When you touch water and you start feeling that tingle, you need to think about keeping your legs. You need to focus. Okay? Let’s try it. Start out thinking about your legs, not your tail, just your legs. Think about walking, about shoes, and about pants. Focus,” he suggested, whispering in my ear. I closed my eyes and thought about my legs and how much I loved painting my toenails. In one quick second, I felt a breeze go by then the warmth of the water as I was pushed in. I gasped as I went in, swallowing a mouthful of water and starting to cough, which went away as my tail came back.

        I swam back up to the surface, glaring at Isaac once more, “What the hell, Isaac?! Why’d you push me in?”

        “You were supposed to be focusing on your legs. I was just seeing how well you were focusing. And, you failed,” he said casually. Wanting revenge, I brought my tail up, splashing him with water. To my surprise, he didn’t change, but rather stayed in his normal form.

        “How did you do that?” I asked.

        “It’s called practice,” he scolded, helping me out of the water again and handing me the towel he had ripped off. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Now you guys know who he is, name and all!

Isaac doesn't seem like a very nice guy, does he?

I'll be posting a little bio thing for Isaac right after this chapter, so if you want to know more about him, look for it! :)

Story line and characters are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.