Chapter 11

Chapter 11

*Piper’s POV*

        I watched the clock anxiously, wanting to be done with work. There was only five minutes left until closing, so I started getting locked up for the night. I shut down the computers and grabbed my stuff, heading for the door. Turning the lights off as I left, I turned to lock the doors when my phone went off. I dug it out of my pocket and saw that I had a message from an unknown number.

        Hey, I’m on my way to your house. Are you home? –Isaac, it read. I quickly texted back saying that I was just now leaving work and that I would be there soon. After sending that, I sent another one, telling him not to knock and just to wait in his car. I put my phone back in my pocket and finished locking up before heading over to my car.

        When I got home, I found Isaac across the street from my house, still in his car like I asked. I parked in the driveway and got out, quickly running across to him as he got out.

        “My mom is home right now, but she should be leaving soon for work. She normally stays in her room, so if you just sneak around back and come in through the sliding glass door, it leads right into my room. I’m gonna go in the front and make sure she won’t catch you. Meet me in my room,” I explained. He nodded his head, and I went towards the front door as he ducked down by my mom’s window, going through the gate. I maneuvered my way around furniture until I came to my bedroom door, not seeing my mother anywhere nearby. Slipping into my room and closing the door softly, I turned to find Isaac sitting on my bed. I locked my bedroom door, so that my mom would not be able to come in, not that she did anyway, but just in case.

        Sitting down at my desk, I turned my body to look at him, “So, what do you want to do?” Isaac picked his backpack up from the ground in front of him and put it on his lap, rifling through it.

        “Well, I’ve got some math homework that I still need to do and I could really use a hand,” he said as he pulled out a notebook, a worksheet and a pencil. I got up and went to sit next to him, looking over the worksheet.

        “Math isn’t exactly my strong suit, but I can give it a try,” I said, shrugging my shoulder. I looked at the problem that he was currently working on and frowned. “I think you have to multiply this by this, and then divide, maybe?” I said slowly, guessing. An hour later, we had managed to finish his math homework (with a little help from Google).

        “So now that we’ve gone through hell trying to finish that, what do you want to do?” He asked, flopping backwards onto my bed.

        “Um, how about a movie?” I suggested. He nodded, and I pointed to my DVD shelf, flopping myself onto the bed as he got up. After a couple of seconds, he pulled a movie out and put it in the DVD player, turning on the TV. “What movie did you pick?” I asked as he came to sit next to me.

        “You’ll see,” he winked. The menu for The Little Mermaid popped up, and I laughed.

        “Nice. How ironic.” I got up, turning the lights out as he kicked off his shoes, getting comfortable. Rolling my eyes at his confidence, I sat down next to him, leaning against my headboard. I had a queen-sized bed, so we both fit comfortably. Pressing play, I too kicked my shoes off, getting comfortable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Ooh! Sneaking a boy into the house! 

I don't really have anything to say, so that's the end of this note.

Story line and characters are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.