Chapter 2

Chapter 2

        Waking a couple of hours later, I limped over to the slope from which I fell. I looked up and was able to see the sky; it was clear blue, not a cloud in sight. Getting down on my hands and knees, I painfully started climbing back up the slope. After several stops and scratches, I made it to the top, squinting against the sunlight. Looking around, the sea was calm and the sand was wet. The storm must have passed quickly. I decided to walk along the shore, hopefully going in the direction I had come from. I walked for a couple of miles before I heard someone calling my name. Coming around a bunch of trees, I saw my car surrounded by police. Sitting on a curb close-by was Avery, who had her head in her hands. One of the policemen saw me standing there and yelled out to everyone while running over to me with a blanket. He wrapped it around me and walked me up the beach to an ambulance. As soon as he had let go of me, another pair of arms wrapped themselves around me tightly. Breathing in the familiar scent, I relaxed, wrapping my arms around her.

        “I’ve been so worried! I tried calling you, but you didn’t answer. I knew something was wrong because you always answer when I call. I called the police and told them you were missing, and then they found your car here. I thought you had died! Why would you go surfing during a storm?!” Avery spoke quickly, fire and tears in her eyes.

        “I’m sorry,” I answered, trying to remember her questions. “I didn’t know there was a storm coming; I just wanted to get in a session before school. I guess I should’ve listened to the weather report this morning.”

        Avery’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion, “This morning? What? No, the storm was yesterday.” Now it was my turn to be confused.

        “Yesterday? But I was only out there for a couple of hours.”

        She shook her head at me, “Piper, you’ve been missing for more than 24 hours. I called the police yesterday after school. I stopped by your house to see if you had stayed home, but your mom said she hadn’t seen you. I tried calling but you didn’t answer and that’s when I called the police.” Stunned, I stayed silent. Had I really spent the entire day and night in that cave?

        I was pulled out of my thoughts by a paramedic talking to me, “Hmm? What?”

        “I said, we are getting ready to take you to the hospital. Do you have a parent or someone you can call?” I glanced at Avery and shook my head. The paramedic nodded, then shut the back doors, leaving Avery and I alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I thought I would post Chapter 2 to kind of get you interested in the story more. I hope it worked ;)

As you can tell by the picture, Nicole Anderson is Piper. Just so you know, Piper has purple highlights in her hair (I'll add a picture of what they kind of look like). I will be adding pictures for other characters as we go along and meet them.

Hope you enjoyed!

Story line and characters are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.