Chapter 10

Chapter 10

*Kiana’s POV*

        Pulling up outside of Avery Henson’s house, I shut the car off. I had taken a one-time job as a babysitter for Mr. and Mrs. Henson. They wanted to go out for a date night, and they needed someone to watch their seven-year old son. I only did it so I could get information on Avery and Piper. There was something up with Piper, and I was going to figure it out. I would get revenge for what she did that summer. Walking up to the door and knocking, I plastered a fake smile on my face as Mrs. Henson opened the door. “Hello, you must be Kiana. It’s so nice to meet you!” She said happily, allowing me to enter. I took a look around the entry, hoping to find something of Avery’s that was lying around. She showed me around and introduced me to her son, Tyler, who was watching cartoons in the living room. “So, I’ve left both cell phone numbers on the fridge in case you need to call us. There is some money in an envelope on the table for dinner. Um, let’s see what else? Tyler goes to bed at nine, but his sister Avery should be home by seven or eight, so she can watch him until he goes to bed,” she told me, listing off things.

        I nodded my head and noticed her worried face, “Don’t worry. Everything will be fine. I’m sure Tyler and I will get along perfectly and will have a great night.” She nodded and Mr. Henson ushered her out the door to the car. I heard them drive away and turned towards Tyler, my plan already working. Going over to the couch, I sat down next to him, seeing that he was watching SpongeBob.

        “Hi, Tyler, my name’s Kiana,” I said, looking at him. He was too focused on his show to look at me. “I go to school with your sister,” I said, trying to gain his attention again. “I’m also friends with Piper. You know her, right?”

        At the mention of her name, Tyler’s head quickly turned in my direction. “You know Piper? I love Piper; she’s so cool!” I laughed silently at how interested he seemed to be in her.

        “Yeah, I do. Has she been around here lately? She borrowed something of mine, and I think she might have left it here,” I lied.

        He shook his head slowly and focused his attention back on the show, “No, Piper hasn’t been here since before she went missing.” This might get me somewhere.

        “Missing? You mean when that storm hit?” I asked, prying a little bit more.

        “Yeah, Avery was worried because she wasn’t answering her phone, and she wasn’t at school. So, she called the police! They found her at the beach with scratches all over.” Any other question I asked him after that went over his head, being too engrossed in the TV. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Kiana is up to something...

I'll be posting her bio next.

I feel like it's been forever since I've updated. I'm working on a new story, so all of my focus has been on that. 

Story line and characters are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.