chapter two

FUCK, I GREW WINGS?!hard on yourself - charlie puth, blackbear

hard on yourself - charlie puth, blackbear

"Obaa-san, what are you doing?"

Big grey doe eyes peered over the brown wooden table placed on the floor. A little girl dressed in a traditional kimono was seated with her hands on her lap as she stared at the delicate and skillful fingers making something. The fingers that her eyes followed moved like it was in a dancing routine, elegant and sharp, entrancing the young one for a few minutes.

The two people were situated in a traditional Japanese home, hardwood floors and sitting pillows in the living room as the clear skies and sunlight brought life into the house.

"My, I'm just making a yukata, my love," an angelic voice echoed the room. It sounded gentle and wise but held a slightly stern tone. The young girl felt safe when she heard the voice. She felt like she was being protected from the heavens as the older woman continued stitching and designing the cloth at hand.

The curious girl's eyes began to steer away from the entrancing motions, moving towards the white feathers at the back of the old woman. Her fingers delicately touched the small ones as they were the fluffiest. The wings began to flutter slightly, some tickling the little girl's face causing her to giggle and sneeze.

The next hour was spent like that - the older woman stitching in precision while the younger one kept her company, playing with her wings now and then.

"Finished, what do you think, Aiko?" The older woman held up the clothing. It was made of expensive silk but what caught the girl's interest was the art shown made by the very hands beside her. What looked like white fluffy feathers etched across the black yukata, floating from each other.

"Pretty!" The little girl exclaimed.

"Like obaa-san!" She added before pointing her chubby fingers to the soft white wings behind her grandmother's back. The grandmother laughed before petting the child.

"Don't flatter my heart like that, my love. I'm already so old," she replied, folding her creation before placing it aside. The two moved to sit formally sitting next to each other, facing their open garden and the bright blue sky.

"Obaa-san is always pretty, like mama! I want wings too like you," the little girl smiled, her eyes shaped like the crescent moon as she looked at her grandmother. Her grandmother gave her a closed smile, but her smile never reached her eyes. She began to fluff her wings, smaller feathers dropping from the base.

Glowing white feathers began to dance around the air, falling ever so slowly towards the little girl as she stood and ran into the garden to play with them. The feathers fell fast but moved slowly around the child when they tried to touch them.