chapter eleven

THE TRUSTY TRIOSwhy so lonely - wonder girls

THE TRUSTY TRIOS
why so lonely - wonder girls

When was the last time Aiko felt relaxed? If Aiko could drink alcohol, she was sure that she downed at least five bottles to get through the whole week because she's been through a lot of shit. Now, her fists were quivering since her nervousness was running through her veins.

She had just ended the meeting with Principal Nezu and Aizawa which might have eaten some time into her morning homeroom period. Aizawa had dragged and forced her to return back to her class because she had skipped a handful of lessons and she would fail her senior year if she didn't catch up soon enough (He also mentioned the big three constantly asking him if she was well enough to visit).

Now, she was facing her classroom door and could hear Midnight discussing the administration stuff with her classmates. Aiko clenched and unclenched her fists. Her wings were spazzing once in a while too.

I have to face the music. I can't lie to my friends anymore. I can't hide anymore. I should be proud of my wings.

Aiko gave a timid knock, hoping it was loud enough for her teacher to hear. Midnight's voice faded before her footsteps drew closer to the door. For some reason, Aiko almost ran away on instinct but Midnight had opened the door and caught her arm before she could leave.

"Ah! Natsume, very nice of you to finally join us! Though I don't like your tardiness after you've recovered," Midnight spoke out loud while leading Aiko to the front of the classroom.

Aiko pouted, her wings drooping behind. She could hear a few murmurs from her classmates as she apologized to her teacher.

"Sorry, Midnight-sensei,"

"Well? Don't you wanna tell your friends something?" Her teacher nudged. Aiko glared slightly at her before taking a deep breath. She could see some of her classmates with curious gazes but more importantly, her trio of friends giving worried glances.

"I know, it's weird. I freaking grew wings. No, it's not a costume. Yes, it works I think? It's a long story please don't ask me anything because I don't know still," She said out loud but mumbled the latter. There was silence before a voice cracked the tension.

"Woah Natsume, you're like a Hawks rip-off! Hahaha! Chanel versus Walmart," Her male classmate pointed out before slamming the table and laughing. Then, the whole class followed suit, laughing at his joke.

"What did you say, you asshole?! I'm no one's rip-off! Instead, let me fucking rip off your head!" Aiko shouted back before storming to his desk. But she was held back by her teacher with a disapproving head shake.