chapter ten

HISTORY OF THE WINGSdone for me (instrumental) - punch

done for me (instrumental) - punch

"Again!"

A sound of an arrow slicing the air resonated around the forest before hitting its intended target; a wooden makeshift dummy of a man. The metal tip of the wooden arrow rests on the heart of the poor dummy.

Hm..where am I?

"You hesitated, K҉̿ͭ͘͜i҉̧̯̤̙͔̑ͧ̅̔ͦ́͜͟͢͝͠ȳ̸̵̩̜͔͍̔́͟͟͢͡o҉̢̡̲͇̌͗̀͢͝k҉̴̶̬͈̫̹͖̾̎ͭ́̍̐͜͜͝͠o҉̢̡̲͇̌͗̀͢͝ . Control your emotions and your accuracy will be sharper. Again!"

The voice of a man sternly commanded a young girl. The young girl nodded in agreement, disappointed in herself as well. Aiko was confused.

Who's talking...? And why is my body so small..? Ah- I'm moving by myself. Is this a dream?

Aiko tried to look around but it seemed like her vision was limited to whatever the body was doing. Currently, the only thing she can see are bare feet and she was dressed in village style clothes with light armour around her chest and arms. From Aiko's view, they seemed to be in a forest due to all the greens and plantations that the body was passing through.

Her hands were tightly holding a long metal bow with arrows slung on her waist.

What a weird dream..I've never held a bow and arrows before.

The body stopped when the person in-front had. She couldn't see anything past the thighs of the person but she heard them ever so clearly. They were wearing village-style clothes as well but one could tell that they were fit and strong underneath.

"K҉̿ͭ͘͜i҉̧̯̤̙͔̑ͧ̅̔ͦ́͜͟͢͝͠ȳ̸̵̩̜͔͍̔́͟͟͢͡o҉̢̡̲͇̌͗̀͢͝k҉̴̶̬͈̫̹͖̾̎ͭ́̍̐͜͜͝͠o҉̢̡̲͇̌͗̀͢͝   "

The girl was now looking up to the person but Aiko couldn't make out the face. Their face was blurry for Aiko to see, yet she could make out the shape of it, where their jaw is, their nose, and some parts of its mouth. The figure seemed to be shaped like a woman but her posture held no flaw, oozing a confident aura easily.

I think they're saying a name but why can't I hear it? His mouth is moving but it seemed like it's blocked out...

Aiko tried to focus to hear the words but none came out except for a single sentence.

"Tatakai (Fight). No matter the situation, you must fight. Only the strongest will survive. Keep fighting until the very moment your heart stops beating. We, a̶̳̣̠̻͎͎̎̓̈̓̔͜l̵̡̨̦̻̗͖̥̟͍̀̔͑̔̿̄̉͂̚k̸̛̯̭̼̞̉͝͝͝y̶̖̒͂͑ď̸͓̥͉͓̺͓̙̗̆̌̂͝͝í̷͕̘̫͎̗̖̆̐̒̀̓̐a̶̠̘͇͖̻͖̮̓̄̉̔̒͌̀́̔n̸̺͆͝ , will always fight."