~quotes~

~~these are not in order, and some haven't been posted yet~~

"Oh Sammy you learned how to sass after all these years. I couldn't be prouder. Tell me your bitch face is still award-winning." After he gives me one that could surely win an Emmy, he moves on.

~~

"Whatcha lookin' at?" I ask him.

"The Architect. It's a constellation that appeared maybe 4 years ago? Look, there's her eyes, there's her hands, her pencil, paper. There's her dagger and her legs. Her hair. She's not just a thinker. She knows battle too. Kinda like my Annie." He traces the outline of the constellation for me, and I realize, his wife was an architect. This is how he remembers her.

~~

I nod and palm the key in my hand, hiding it between my fingers as Percy taught me to. I see the sheriff coming back, so Percy says with that awful accent, "Well, I have to say, you are one unrepentant piece of criminal filth, and I hope you stay in jail, you pathological liar. I'll have you know, just because YOU SLEPT WITH MY MOTHER and LICKED A DONUT WITHOUT BUYING IT doesn't mean I won't do my best, because it's my job." He said the last sentence loudly enough that the sheriff and all the cops in the station could hear it, making me glare and him snicker.

~~

His heaving sobs and cries drowned out all other sensations, and when he felt a liquid land on his leg, he assumed it was a tear until he saw his bloody pocketknife, and his sliced up wrist. 'Well that's one way to do it,' he thought, giving a mirthless laugh.

~~

"Well, I'm going to go find my brothers, then leave. Thanks for the juice, but I'm not interested in drinking the kool-aid."

~~

It was always the worst when he was drunk

~~

Percy takes a deep breath, weariness manifesting on his face, and I am once again forced to remind myself that he's only one year older, not 30. It's moments like these, with years of age behind Percy's face that tells me that I need to take care of him better. He's never been able to relax, always fighting for food and money for me and Sammy or literally fighting demons, losing Mom, his wife, and now that I think about it, seeing Jess die probably made him relive all of that. Not to mention years of abuse and trauma he never talks about. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he never told his wife.

~~

I look around to see the pictures rattling and an empty space where Percy had been sitting. He knew the guy, and Dad killed him. Shit.

~~

"...are you talking about the Master Bolt and the Helm of Darkness?" She affirms it with a grunt, and he starts spitting out the most vulgar curses I've ever heard. Then it clicks in my head.

"Wait, like the most powerful godly weapon and Zeus' zappy vibrator?" Leo stops cussing at looks at me with what could only be described as awe and intense attraction, then bursts out laughing, the hissing laughter of the fury adding to the cacophony. I joined them, amused at this entire bizarre conversation.

 I joined them, amused at this entire bizarre conversation