💌 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 💌

-

'things we've always been afraid of'

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The whole fight with Diana and Kai seemed to be forgotten by both of them after she went into his head. They still hadn't spoken about what happened, Diana knew he wouldn't want to talk about it. But she wasn't thinking about that today, today was her and Stefan's birthday.

They were turning 168. She told people they were 22, so they can "humanize" themselves as Caroline so delicately says. Stefan and Damon would be taking her drinking before coming back here for a break, then a big house party. She never liked making a big deal out of her birthday, but everyone else did.

"Rose, you ready?" Damon asked, coming down the stairs.

"Yes, Jospeh." She smiled at him.

"Ew no middle names." Stefan came in behind him.

"Oh sorry, Antonio does that bother you?" She smirked.

"You think you're so funny." Damon put her jacket on her.

"Being raised with you would make anyone a smart ass, Damon."

Stefan laughed as they walked to the mystic grill. Diana loved moments like these, conversation with her brothers about something other than a game plan to take a supernatural monster down. They were still trying to locate Runa so Kai could kill her. But today was simply just about Diana and Stefan, living to turn another year older.

So Stefan pulled out a seat for her as the trio of siblings laughed and ordered drinks.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Kai led Diana in the room with a blindfold covering her eyes. She held onto his arm as they walked. "Are planning on murdering me on my birthday?" She asked.

"I wouldn't blindfold you to kill you, silly." He told her.

"That's comforting."

He took her blindfold off and she looked around them room. There was a sheet hanging over the fireplace with a projector pointed at it. There was also a rectangular shape with wrapping paper on the couch next to a bowl of popcorn.

"Ta da!" He held his hands out.

She smiled softly at the sight and he stood there feeling awkward, "you like it? I saw this in a movie once, girls like this sort of thing apparently. If you don't it's whatever-"

"I love it." She giggled at his nervousness. "It's amazing. It's just what I need before I big party."

He sighed with relief quietly and turned the projector on. Iron man two began to play on the sheet and he sat down on the couch. She joined him and ate some popcorn. Instead of paying attention to the movie, she paid attention to him. He was watching the movie and stuffing his face full of food. He did all this for her, no man had ever done this for her. Or anything like this. Was he saying "thank you for saving me from my head and not talking about me crying"? Was he saying "I like you but don't know how to say it"? Or was she over thinking it and he was really saying "calm down Diana it's your birthday and I'm actually nice when I try to be, don't read into it"?