Chapter 6

Saturday

Finally, Saturday had come and the group entered Hogsmeade, intent on taking a few hours to unwind from the rigours of everyday student life.

Y/n smiled as he watched the lively faces of his friends as they walked through the streets, headed to Honeydukes for some desperately-needed snacks to munch on while studying. Joohyun’s and Taehyung’s faces in particular were lit up today as they could cast aside the cares of Head Students for a few hours.

Y/n was glad to see those two smiling again, too often in school he would be faced with the exhausted faces of his friends. Still he felt a pang of sadness for the two for their sorry situation. Just the act of exiting Hogwarts had brought such elated expressions, a stark reminder of how caged their life was.

Soon, they reached the door of Honeydukes and Maddox pushed such thoughts from his mind, resolving to spend the time happily with his friends.

As soon as they had entered, Seulgi predictably headed straight for the Chocolate Frogs, causing Y/n to shake his head. She was obsessed with those. The rest of the group fanned out to pick their own treats, each having an acquired taste of their own.

Y/n looked around, picking up some Skeletal Sweets, Charmed Chocs and Wizochocs. Glancing around, he saw Joohyun picking up some treats of her own with Seulgi and he smiled, turning to walk to the counter.

Unfortunately, so engrossed had he been with watching Joohyun that he ran straight into a Slytherin student.

“Watch it!” cried the Slytherin.

“I’m sorry. I was careless,” said Y/n in apology.

The Slytherin student, whom Y/n recognized as Lee Jaeyun, stared at him with great animosity.

“You can’t cast magic properly, but you can walk normally can’t you?”, said Jaeyun venomously.

“What did you expect Jaeyun? Its not like he was brought up well,” taunted Kim Haeun from behind.

“Ah yes. I forgot. You might want to get out of my way while I'm still in a good mood…. orphan,” said Jaeyun, clearly trying to start an altercation. Orphan was the derogatory name thrown at Y/n by the troublemakers at school as he had lost his parents at a young age, victims of a serial killer who poisoned them.

Y/n did not fall for the bait, knowing what they were trying to do, and started to make way for them.

Just then, a hand grabbed Jaeyun’s collar while another whipped a wand at waist level so that no one could see it. Y/n's eyes widened upon realizing who it was, cursing as he reached to stop her.

"Call him orphan one more time and I'll hex you so bad that you'll be on Madam Yuri's infirmary for a week", hissed Joohyun.

"My my. Is this the example the Head Girl should be setting? I'm appalled," mocked Jaeyun.

"If you're so bored of your lover Taehyung already, can I have him? " taunted Haeun.

Joohyun glared at her.

"He'd never go out with a tramp like you," Said Joohyun icily.

Haeun was going to retort but Y/n cut in, desperate to diffuse the situation.

"Joohyun, let it go. We didn't come here to start a fight," said Y/n as he tried to wrest her hands off her wand and Jaeyun's collar.

"Joohyun. You're Head Girl. Just ignore them," said Taehyung as he tried to pull her back. The rest of the group had joined them, shielding Y/n and Joohyun.