Chapter 28

Yu Mi’s estate, a few days later
Yu Mi watched as her client’s men loaded the cartons of bottles into their carriage, preparing to bring them back for their intended use. Another day, another satisfied customer. It may have been a side job, but it did allow her to take her mind off her primary role as a military officer for a while.

She bowed as they left and watched the carriage sail into the sky, tugged by Thestrals. Once out of sight, Yu Mi returned to her house and ascended the staircase to the second level. She opened the door and closed it behind her.

Sitting in front of her mirror, Yu Mi waved her hand dismissively, establishing a communication link to General Ji Chan Wook.

“General”, greeted Yu Mi with a salute.
The salute was relatively new, having been introduced to Sanctuary by agents in the known wizarding world who had visited the Muggle world roughly ninety six years ago. The military had then adopted the salute and some other practices as part of its modernization process.

“Yu Mi. Yes. I have a task for you,” said the general.

“Yes General?” replied Yu Mi.

“As you well know, the referendum is being organized, and will decide the future of Sanctuary. Regardless of which way the wind blows, there will be an increase in activity between both sides. We must be prepared for any eventuality, including the need for clandestine missions in their territory. I need you to find wandmakers who can produce wands covertly for us. They have to be off the radar, not official wandmakers,” said the General.

Yu Mi frowned. What he said was true but what he was asking for was almost if not downright impossible.

“That’s not possible general. There are no underground wandmakers here. There isn’t a market for underground wands. Wands are easily purchased and aren’t serialized so there’s no way to track wands. Don’t bother asking me to find a wandmaker who will defect. They make tons of money here. We have nothing to offer them” replied Yu Mi.

The general let out a frustrated sigh.

“I knew you’d say that. We’ve been relying on captured wands but there aren’t many to go around. Research has begun into wandmaking but that will take some time. Few have actually created a wand in Sanctuary before,” said General Ji Chan.

“Actually general, there might be a way around this,” said Yu Mi.

That caught the general’s attention. Yu Mi never offered solutions or information unless it was useful.

“My son, Y/n. He’s actually been building wands of his own and from what I know, he’s been documenting the process as well. He has already produced a few wands. Perhaps I can get him to give us the documents and wands for study and begin production as soon as possible,” suggested Yu Mi.

“He creates his own wands at this age? Impressive. Get in touch with him as soon as possible. I trust you remember how to cast curses with that wand you now have?” said the general.

“I’ll talk to Y/n about it. I’m sure he will be happy to send them over. Yes general, I remember,” replied Yu Mi.

“Excellent. Contact me gain once you have them,” said the general.

Yu Mi was about to reply but something caught her attention. The magical alarms she had set were disturbed. Someone had apparated here.

Took them long enough to make a move.

“General. Please prepare for prisoner transfer. It seems I have uninvited guests” said Yu Mi with an evil smile.

The stillness that beset the estate was disturbed by the sudden appearance of five men apparating in. They didn’t wear their masks or usual black robes but it was clear who they were. Death Eaters. Yu Mi was surprised not because they found her, but because they took so long to act. She had noticed a man following her a few days prior in the town, and he was clearly not a local. It wasn’t hard to find her, she was after all, the most exotic-looking person and the throngs of reporters that tried to enter her estate prior to this would have given them her location.