Short Stories 35 & 36

After Story 35

Seulgi kissed Jimin and her twin children goodbye before she headed for work. Life was good for her. she and Jimin were married blessed with non-identical twin children, one boy and a girl.

Seunggi and Chaeyeon.

The names of her children brought a smile to her face as she continued on towards the nearby market. They were the pride and joy of her life and she yearned for each day to end quickly so that she could go home and see them… and Jimin of course.

Now the head of the Werewolf Division, she had worked tirelessly to improve conditions for Werewolves and still took on caring for magical creatures in the custody of the Ministry of Magic. While not as often, she would sometimes be called to help other departments like before as well. She was going to be busy today so she decided she would pick up some instant noodles for lunch on the way to work. It was thanks to Jinki’s help in rallying the Werewolves to join and support her programmes that things were going smoothly, but there were still those that opposed her measures, even in the Wizengamot and she never allowed herself to rest on her laurels. Victory as it seemed to be coming slowly but surely could be snatched away at any time.

She entered the convenience store and bought several packs of noodles ranging from Jajangmyeon to Jjapaghetti. Because being the big eater that she was, one was never enough.

She left the store after paying and proceeded to the nearest floo network, weaving in between the crowd to get there. She picked up the pace, not wanting to be late until finally she was through and spirited herself away to the Ministry.
So focused was she on reaching the Ministry that she did not notice just how close to danger she had been.

Lee Seunghun made his way forward, trying to close the distance with the woman he had been tracking ahead of him. He'd been stalking her for two weeks now, enough to know her daily route. There'd been a slight detour today at a convenience store but otherwise everything was proceeding as planned.

Lee Seung hun was a member of a Death Eater cell that had been trying to sabotage this woman's Werewolf welfare programmes in an attempt to keep a rift between said creatures and the Ministry.

Kang Seulgi

Despite the efforts of various anti-werewolf and Death Eater groups throughout the years, the accursed woman had been a persistent opponent, never giving up on her programmes. The cell had decided to assassinate her in high profile fashion, both to make a statement and gain some propaganda value they could use, which led to him being chosen to take her out.

She was in a hurry today.

Seunghun tried to force his way through the crowd, pushing people aside to get closer to his target.

Suddenly, something sharp jabbed at his leg and he groaned softly and turned around.

"Sorry," said a young man with an umbrella as he passed by in a hurry, his head facing the ground and face covered by the hat he had tipped in his direction as part of his apology.

He glared as the young man walked off and he was about to yell and confront the young man. He stopped in the nick of time though and glared as he disappeared into a crowd across the opposite side of the road.

He had a job to do.

Seunghun turned his head back to find Seulgi far ahead of him and he cursed, chasing after her once more.

He continued on pursuing Kang Seulgi for a full minute, desperately shoving himself through the crowded streets. Seulgi had rounded a corner on the opposite end of the street by now and he walked faster in an attempt to catch up. He felt a little uncomfortable physically all of a sudden but he ignored it, proceeding on with his task.