Short Story 11

Note: First of a double update today

Seokjin grimaced as the constant shrill ringing of the alarm clock screaming as it sat on the nightstand beside the bed. He tried to ignore it and return to sleep, the previous night’s activity having worn him out, but the alarm clock wouldn’t have any of it.

Frustrated, he sat up and turned it off, cradling his head in his hands as he stared at the door of the room. Seokjin and Sooyoung had moved in together into a small house near both their families, wanting some privacy of their own. Yeri and Jungkook had done the same and in fact lived quite close to them, and it was common for them to go on double dates or visit each other. He glanced to his left at the sleeping beauty in bed with him, a small sliver of a smile lighting his face at the sight of his angel Park Sooyoung. She slept facing the other way and had wrapped herself with the blanket, but him getting up had pulled the blanket slightly off her, revealing a hint of her almost bare back, leaving no doubt as to just what last night’s activity entailed. She must have woken up in the middle of the night, given that she had her bra on.

It was a day off for them and despite just wanting to sleep in, Seokjin knew that they had to make use of whatever free time they had to make memories like going out on dates, for they didn’t have many free days and their line of work meant that free days together could be abruptly interrupted. They had planned a full date day and then they would head for a reunion dinner with the entire gang, who would be coming to celebrate Y/n’s completion of his basic military training. It had been some time since they had all gathered together and he was excited to see them all again, Y/n in particular, who had been missing since the day he had entered training. He had been able to keep in touch through mirror calls however, and he had given them each pocket mirrors so that he could call them once in a while even if they were away from home, almost as if they had one-way muggle handphones.

Sooyoung rolled in her sleep, ending up facing towards him and letting him admire her angelic features. He had to get her up though, they had promised each other that they would get up or wake each other up if necessary. He slid back into bed and wrapped his arms around her, causing her to stir. He gave her a kiss on her lips before attacking her neck with more kisses and she groaned, not wanting to get up.

“Jin! No! I want to sleep,” said Sooyoung groggily.

“Nope. We both promised we would get up. Come on Sooyoung,” said Seokjin as he continued to attack her neck.

It didn’t seem to be working though, and Seokjin frowned, knowing he would have to step up his attacks.

He crushed his lips against hers and prised open her mouth with his tongue, sliding it in as he deepened the kiss. For a full minute, Sooyoung did nothing but groan as she tried to sleep. However, eventually her need for air won out and she woke up, breaking the kiss and gasping for air as if she had been drowning.

“Seokjin!”, yelled Sooyoung.

“What? You didn’t want to get up!”, said Seokjin innocently with his hands up.

Sooyoung groaned and stretched before sitting up and kissing her erstwhile boyfriend again. The makeout session intensified for a full five minutes before Sooyoung pulled away and got off the bed. Seokjin stared at her, mildly annoyed that she had ended it before things heated up more.

Sooyoung noticed his expression and laughed evilly before acting innocent in a rather mocking voice.

“What? Weren’t you the one going on about our promise to get up for date day?” said Sooyoung.

Seokjin smiled and shook his head as she continued her way to the bathroom.

Getting out of bed, he himself headed there and grabbed his toothbrush too, making preparations to start their day.

Later that afternoon
Seokjin kissed his Sooyoung’s cheek gently, leaving her to shop at the women’s clothing store while he went off on an errand of his own.

He entered the jewellery shop and glanced at the necklace section, a mischievous smile playing across his features. He had told Sooyoung that he was going to run an errand for some things he needed, but in reality, he wanted to surprise her with a gift.

He had to move fast to avoid arousing suspicions though, but fortunately, he. Simple yet elegant and yet having some extravagance about it, found a perfect one that would complement her beauty nicely.

“I’ll take this one,” said Seokjin to the shop owner.

Quickly making payment, he returned to the shop Sooyoung was in and sighed in relief, she was still trying on clothes. He quickly pocketed the box containing the necklace and approached her as she stared in the mirror, contemplating if the dress she picked looked good on her.

That gave him an impromptu idea.

“Jin! What do you think?”, asked Sooyoung as he caught up to her.

“Let me see. Hmmmmmm. Go look in the mirror again,” said Seokjin.

She looked at him with a puzzled expression but did so, with Seokjin standing directly behind her to conceal his movements. Removing the necklace from the box, he held the necklace and gingerly placed it around her neck and fastened it. He grinned as the sight of the necklace elicited a small gasp of surprise from her.

“Seokjin! Where…,” said Sooyoung before Seokjin interrupted her.

“That was my errand,” admitted Seokjin.

Sooyoung turned around and kissed him, clearly appreciative of his surprise gift.

“You didn’t have to. We should save up,” said Sooyoung.

While Seokjin hadn’t proposed, they both had expressed their wish to get married and moving in together was a step towards that.

“Doesn’t mean I can’t spoil my little vixen once in a while,” said Seokjin.

Sooyoung laughed and kissed him once more, returning her gaze to the mirror where she clearly showed how enamoured she was with his gift.

A few hours later
Seokjin and Sooyoung entered the restaurant where their reunion was being held and immediately they set their eyes on their assembled friends waving at them. At the sight of Y/n, Sooyoung immediately ran up to him and enveloped him in a bear hug.

“Y/n! Its been so long!”, said Sooyoung.

“It has. I missed all of you,” replied Y/n.

“Stop with the flattery. We know you only miss Joohyun,” said Sooyoung teasingly, eliciting raucous laughter from all of them.

Seokjin went up and hugged Y/n as well.

“Its been too long. Congratulations on finishing basic training,” said Seokjin.

“Thanks Seokjin. How’s training for the four of you,” asked Y/n.

“Not bad. Yours is probably worse” said Seokjin as they took their seats.

The group started ordering and soon, the air was filled with loud conversation and laughter as they reminisced about old times and discussed their futures. Their lives had all changed since leaving Hogwarts, but their friendship and love remained the same.

A/N: Just a chapter dedicated to Sooyoung and Seokjin being lovey dovey. Hope you enjoy it!

This is the first of a double update today.