Chapter 33

Yu Mi stepped through the portal and entered Y/n’s lair in the Forbidden Forest. Y/n had contacted and told her the wand was ready and so she had come to collect it.

“Hello Yu Mi,” greeted Y/n.

“Y/n. You finished faster than I expected,” said Yu Mi.

“There’s just one step left, said Y/n as he motioned for Yu Mi to follow him.

Yu Mi did as requested to the table where the wand was. It looked simple, but it was still exquisitely beautiful in its own way. Runic symbols adorned the wand, spiralling down its length. She knew the symbols were there to assist in making casting spells easier for her as a wandless magic user. This would have been very helpful for Y/n himself at Hogwarts, were it not for the fact that an Acromantula fangbone was required for the core. Since Acromantula fangbone was a dark magical creature, it would have been controversial to say the least for him to use such a wand. Y/n was young but he was politically astute enough to know that using such a wand would garner criticism against him and worse yet, the original Werewolves as a whole.

“Why don’t you get a feel of it first?”, asked Y/n.

Yu Mi did and instantly fell in love with it. He had actually designed it very well in terms of ergonomics. The wand had grooves for her thumb, forefinger and middle finger to rest them comfortably yet be able to have a firm grip when using the wand.

“Its feels good in the hand. You sure you won’t consider becoming a wandmaker in sanctuary for the military?” said Yu Mi teasingly.

“I’m…. considering it actually,” admitted Y/n.

She whirled in surprise at his confession, unable to believe that he was considering a non-military combat occupation.

“Why? I was just joking,” said Yu Mi.

“I wasn’t. As her future husband I should be there for her as much as I can since she will be alone in Sanctuary. At least as a wandmaker, we can see each other every day and she can visit her family more often,” said Y/n.

Yu Mi sighed, feeling that his compassionate and noble nature was getting the better of him again.

“Y/n. Joohyun has already told you that she would still love you even if you join the military. Why are you still thinking of taking up a different profession? You can be in the military but you don’t have to necessarily be in the frontier guard you know?”, said Yu Mi.

Y/n sat and stared at the table absent-mindedly and took a deep breath.

“Joohyun is willing to stay and marry me in the future, but in doing so, she has to make a lot of sacrifices. She’ll have to leave her family and all our friends here while she goes with me to Sanctuary. It will be difficult for her to find a job as a wand user and if she doesn’t work, her life will be quite lonely at home if I join the military. I as her mate can’t just expect her to sacrifice almost everything and put up with the difficulties alone. I have to give up some things too Yu Mi. I’ve always wanted to be a professional soldier, but if giving that dream up will make Joohyun’s life a little easier, then that’s what I’ll do,” said Y/n.

Yu Mi stared sadly at him. Despite having trained him all his life to prepare him for military service, she was not angry with him for thinking of another profession. He was partially right after all, it was unfair to make Joohyun bear all the burdens of living in Sanctuary alone. If she were in his place, she would at least consider an alternative profession like he was doing too.

A long silence permeated the room, filling the air with awkward tension. Y/n shook his head and reached for her arm.

“If you want, I can bond the wand to you so that only you can use it. Anyone who tries to steal it will get their hand burnt,” offered Y/n.