Short Stories 33 & 34

After Story 33

"Come in," said Seungwan as a gentle knocking on her door indicated that her patient was about to enter her clinic room. He was the last one before the end of her shift.

Seungwan had finished her studies and completed the one year probation, graduating as a healer stationed at St Mungo's hospital. True to her motherly nature, she had decided to work in family medicine.

The man entered and took a seat.

"Doctor. I've been sneezing and coughing for three days now," said the man.

"I see," said Seungwan as she took out her wand.

"Lumos," she commanded and brought the wand close enough for her to check his nostrils and throat.

Green mucus. Reddened throat.

"You have an infection. Any nausea or loss of appetite?" asked Seungwan as she took his pulse measurement.

"No," replied the man.

"Fever over the past few days?" asked Seungwan.

The man shook his head.

She took his temperature anyway just in case and measured his blood pressure using a sphygmomanometer.

"Your pulse rate is a little lower than normal but nothing to be alarmed about," said Seungwan.

She quickly wrote down a prescription that she would pass to a nurse that would prepare his medication.

"I don't see any signs of it being anything other than a normal viral infection. I'll give you a pepperup potion for four days. You should be fine after that but please come back if you're still unwell. You can wait outside, I'll have the nurse prepare the medication" said Seungwan.

"Thanks doctor," said the man before leaving.

Later

Seungwan waved goodbye to some of her colleagues as she left but then, she came to a complete halt as she saw who was standing on the courtyard.

There was Min Yoongi standing there in a suit, surrounded by candles in a heart formation, a small space in the middle left open for entry. An arch full of props such as balloons stood behind him, adding more to the romantic moment.

"Yoongi! What are you doing?" asked Seungwan as he stepped forward and lead her to the centre of the candles.

"Seungwan. We've known each other since the first year of Hogwarts and we've been together since third year. I'm truly thankful you accepted me as your partner all these years and I really love you so much. Its been a long road for us and I hope that we can make more happy memories together," said Yoongi as he retrieved his wand and flicked it at the arch.

Seungwan watched as previously hidden words appeared on a banner in the middle of the arch and she gasped in shock. By the time she had turned her attention back to Yoongi, he was already on a knee holding a box with a ring.

"Son Seungwan. You are the love of my life and you are the only woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. So will you make me the happiest man alive by marrying me?" asked Yoongi.

"Yes Yoongi! Yes! Of course I will marry you!" said Seungwan excitedly.

Yoongi smiled and slipped the ring on her finger before standing up and kissing her, to the cheers of the nurses nearby.

After story 34

"So Hye! Be careful!" yelled Joohyun as she watched her five year old daughter nearly trip as she ran to her father.