Chapter 36

Hogwarts, Great Hall
Joohyun and her entourage of female prefects entered the Great Hall for dinner, last as usual from train embarkation and disembarkation duties. Upon taking their seats, Y/n, Jimin, Yoongi and Seokjin gave their respective girlfriends a kiss, happy to be reunited with them.

“How were your holidays guys?”, asked Taehyung.

“Great. Seungwan and I stayed over at each other’s places and our families went to Jeju Island together for a vacation,” said Yoongi.

“Seulgi and I stayed together too, though we didn’t get to spend the whole holiday together with her internship at the Ministry of Magic,” said Jimin.

“Yah Seulgi. Don’t be such a workaholic like Y/n will you?”, teased Joy.

Seulgi often interned at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures during school breaks, intent on getting as much work experience as possible before graduation. Already Seulgi had been receiving many commendations for the different magizoologists she had worked under and it was clear that she had a bright future in her dream career upon graduation.

“Actually, Kim Hyun Bin wrote a letter of recommendation for me to the Head of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures,” said Seulgi shyly.

“WHAT!?!!?”, yelled everyone, causing most of the students to look at them.

Kim Hyun Bin was the most famous magizoologist in the Ministry and usually only the best got to work under him. The fact that Seulgi got to intern under him, let alone get a letter of recommendation from him showed that he was impressed enough with her skills. It looked like Seulgi’s dream of becoming a magizoologist was almost a surety.

“Hopefully I’ll get an interview,” said Seulgi.

“Way to go Seulgi!,” yelled Jungkook.

“Are you kidding? Kim Hyun Bin doesn’t write letters of recommendation for just anybody! You’re bound to get in!” said Seungwan.

“I’m so jealous, you got such an influential Ministry official to write one for you,” whined Yeri.

“Congratulations Seulgi. You’re finally going to be a magizoologist like you’ve always wanted,” said Joohyun as she held her hands.

“Congratulations Seulgi. It seems the next Kim Hyun Bin is going to be you,” said Taehyung teasingly.

“Oh stop it Taehyung. I’m not that good,” said Seulgi modestly.

Everyone knew just how false that was though. She had always excelled at Care for Magical Creatures and now the latest news was an affirmation of just how skilled she was.

“You are Seulgi. And yes, you’re going to be writing the next Care for Magical Creatures textbook. Its going to be so good that Taehyung here will fall asleep,” said Y/n.

Seulgi got all shy and tried to hit him and Taehyung, the two of them laughing away.

Before the conversation could go any further, Headmistress Seo called out.

“May I have your attention please?” said Headmistress Seo.

The students in the Great Hall fell silent, waiting for her to give her opening address for the new year.

“It has been decided that this year, we will resume the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Those who wish to participate may approach the Professors tomorrow. Since Hogwarts will be hosting the tournament, the Yule Ball will also be held here, students may participate if they wish,” said Headmistress Seo.