Short Stories 21 & 22

After story 21

27 months later, Warmont Military College, Military Intelligence Headquarters Barracks

Y/n signed out from the book in/book out book and left the barracks office, opening a portal once outside the camp to take him home.

Stepping through the portal, he found himself in the familiar surroundings of Yu Mi's estate and found a shocked Yu Mi standing before him.

“Y/n! I thought you were only going to be back tomorrow!”, exclaimed Yu Mi.

“I lied because you were with Joohyun when I last called. I came back because I actually wanted to talk to you about something,” said Y/n.

Yu Mi looked at him with a worried expression, knowing full well that this had to be something serious if he had to talk to her about it.

“Let’s sit down first,” said Y/n.

They moved to the sofa and sat down, ready to have a conversation.

“Mother. Can you do some things for me?”, asked Y/n.

“What are they?”

“Please give me your blessing to marry Joohyun once I complete the training phase,” said Y/n seriously.

“Of course! You don’t need my permission to marry her Y/n. She’s your mate and I would have no one else be yours,” said Yu Mi.

“Thanks mom. The next thing is I need you to go to a custom jeweller for me with these,” said Y/n as he fished out a stone ring and a piece of paper from his pocket.

Yu Mi looked at him with a confused expression, unsure of what he wanted her to do.

“This ring is a mock-up of the ring I want created for Joohyun. The paper is a drawing of it just in case.

"Y/n. This is beautiful! Where did you get this design from?", asked Yu Mi excitedly.

"I designed it myself. Just took some time to draw when I had some downtime at night and once I had the design, I just grabbed some stones and started working on them for prototypes," said Y/n.

"She's going to love it. I'm so happy you're going to marry her Y/n", said Yu Mi as she hugged her son.

A few hours later

Y/n knelt before his parents' graves and laid flowers, just like he always did when he visited them.

"Hello mother. Hello father. I'll finish the attachment period soon and become a fully fledged Military Intelligence officer soon," said Y/n before pausing.

The portraits of his parents' faces on their tombstones remained still, their smiles trapped for eternity on the pictures marking their gravesites.

"I'm going to propose to Joohyun soon. Thank you for watching over her while I've been away. I wish you could be here with us to watch us marry and raise a family together. She is the only woman for me and you will really love her if you ever got to meet her,” said Y/n.

Y/n stood up again, exhaling a loud sigh as he kept his gaze on the portraits of his parents.

“Goodbye mother, father. Until we meet again,” said Y/n before he opened a portal and returned home.

Next day

Yu Mi exited the custom jewellery store, having passed on the model ring and design plans to the store owner who promised that it would be ready in a month’s time. Now all that was left for Y/n to do was to collect the ring upon completion and plan the proposal in the meantime.

Yu Mi was ecstatic that Y/n planned to propose to Joohyun as soon as he was fully trained. She had taken quite a liking to Joohyun and had longed approved of her as his mate, knowing full well the love Joohyun had for her son was genuine. What impressed Yu Mi even more was that despite earning her blessing to be with Y/n, Joohyun still took the time and effort to learn Sanctuary’s customs and even self-defence skills, not wanting to rely on her or Y/n to protect her.

She took Yu Mi’s lessons to heart and never let her guard down even if she knew she had taken out all the targets. Yu Mi silently wondered if Joohyun would agree to Y/n turning her into an original Werewolf and join as a Military Intelligence officer.

She cast the thought away as quickly as it came though, knowing that Joohyun wanted to keep her human identity despite being Y/n’s mate. Still, she loved her future daughter-in-law, and she was glad she was Y/n’s mate.

She could not wait for Joohyun and Y/n to get married and give her grandchildren.

A/N: Y/n is going to pop the question!!! But when and how?

Yoongi and Seungwan seem to be on the same path but when will they get marrie

I know it's a little short on descriptions but I didn't want to give away some details like the ring design.