10 | 60 Days In Prague

Basma

Basma, my Basma,

How do I say this,

Without you, there's only asthma,

We may not be married but I plan to do that soon,

Please let me take you to a place close to perfection as the moon,

In 30, no 60 days,

In a private jet,

From Nigeria to Prague,

Please say you'll go,

To and fro?

You see, with this, to your friends,

You could brag...

I didn't know Bashir was funny till today.

The note he left attached to the bag was funny as hell. I had to start calling his line because I didn't notice when he left like a ghost, unnoticed.

I called him repeatedly but he didn't answer so I decided to let him call me later. Call me cheap or desperate but I did this to thank him and come to an understanding with him.

We'd ended on a semi-sour note so I wanted to patch things up because it'd be weird to stay in a plane for hours with him without conversing.

Bash baby🌟:{04/06/26 19:06}: I'm sorry Baby Bas, I was working. I had so much to do today. I'll call you in the later.

Basma:{04/06/26 19:08}: it's ok. I'll be expecting your call. Thanks for everything 🥀

I had a nine o'clock appointment at the office so I had to be at the office to prepare because the couple I was expecting were both agressive fighters. The last time I met with them, the woman tried to break his head with a lamp on my table.

It was, rather, disturbing.

"Lami go and cook semovita and egusi soup for me." I hissed, "Why are you still looking at me?! I need it done quickly. I don't have all day. Move!"

"Yes ma." She rushed off to kitchen while I turned to the staircase to take a shower upstairs.

My phone rang on the second step so I sat on the stairs to answer the call. It was from Bashir.

"Bash baby! Ya kake?" How are you?

"I'm good. How have you been since I left you?"

"I don't know." I sighed.

"Was it anything I said? Or what I did?" He asked, concern rooted in his voice.

After much contemplation, I blurted out, "It's everything."

"Make me understand." He replied calmly.

"Where are we? After going out a few times and giving each other pet names I don't know if we're moving forward or remaining stagnant."

He released a deep sigh and groaned.

I should've known this would lead to nothing.

"See..." He began, "I'm not scared of commitments or anything, I'm just not ready for one and I hope you understand that."

"I think I understand what's happening here. None of us are ready for a relationship but we still want to be together."

"Are you saying what I'm thinking?" He laughed.

"Yes, we remain together but no strings attached."

"A girlfriend that doesn't love me, great!" He chuckled.