34 | Baby Daddy

Basma

Jameel brings me back to the old couples house and he carries me to our room where he later me down and took off my shoes while I later down.

He goes into the shower to take a shower and comes out with a towel to his waist and he sits at the foot of the bed. I pass him the drugs the first doctor gave me to take so he could throw away in the bin. He did and continued to rub Vaseline onto his legs.

I fell asleep a while later and woke up when I felt him lay a few inches close to me on the bed. I want to push him but I don't have the strength to do that so I sit against the headboard and stare at the wall until I got tired and left the bed to the kitchen to get some water from fridge.

I sit on the kitchen floor and prayed for an opportunity for me to escape out of this house as soon as possible and I cried till my head hurt. A brief chill weathers it's way into the kitchen and I suddenly wished I came out with a sweater. A voice spoke but I could see anyone.

"Stay away from Bashir or I'll end you."

"Who, who, who, who are you?"

The first thing I tried to do was scream but no one came to my side. It was as if they couldn't hear me so I began to recite Ayatul kursiyy.

"Go away!"

"I'll go but leave him alone."

She left with the same breeze and I wondered why she would come to warn me to stay away from Bashir who didn't even care for me that much.

The silence makes me frightened and more alert of my surroundings so I get on my feet and head straight for the door of the kitchen and to my surprise I see Rayyan but I can't believe it so I scream in terror which wakes up the whole house and my body is unable to handle the shock so I trip on the edge of my dress but Alhamdulillah, I landed on my knees then Rayyan helped me up.

He grabs my hand and drags me to hug him. His regular Yves Saint Laurent scent made me feel calm as he held me against him while rubbing my face.

"Are you ok?"

"I am my love."

"Where's he?" Rayyan asks, worried.

"In the room sleeping."

As soon as I say that I see the old couple and Jameel running towards me.

"What's wrong?" Chaima's aunt touched my hand.

"Everything is ok, just come with us." I pull her and she drags her husband with her to meet a large group of men I didn't notice before. They had guns and all were pointed at Jameel.

"Basma go behind me."

I did as Rayyan asked of me and I see Jameel staring at me angrily.

"Basma you belong with me.  Please just come back and everything will be fine." Jameel begged with a fake smile.

"I don't want to be near you ever again!"

"I've been the one taking care of you all this while and you leave me for him. How could you?" He touches his chest where his dried up heart lay underneath.

One would think I was in the wrong if they were just coming now. Jameel looked almost helpless but I knew one thing, he wouldn't give up design the situation. They would have to drag him outside the door lifeless.

"Come with us and you'll get a lesser sentence." One of the officers stated as he took a step towards Jameel. His men followed suit to get him in cuffs but he ran for the kitchen and took a knife.