7| Stranger

Ryuhee

I tagged along with Jimin because he wanted me to come. Jimin wanted to put a proposal, some kind of a business offer for them.

I did not know who they were but Jimin said that they were my clients so he needed me to put in good words.

I was happy to see Mr. Jung since I knew he was a trustable person.

"We need a seal which is not here. I will go and bring it," Mr. Jung said.

"You two can chat. I can fetch it. In that way, I will be able to roam as well. I don't understand any business talk anyway," I proposed.

"You don't have to," Mr. Jung tried to get up.

"I want to," I insisted.

"Okay. It's in the cabin of a sharer of the project I am working on right now. You will find it at the end of the hall. After entering, you will see the seal on the desk. I will be relying on you," Mr. Jung explained to me.

"Of course."

I made my way there and also found the seal without even turning the lights on. But suddenly it started lightening.

Since I grew up alone, I was afraid of long, rainy nights with thunders. I used to hide inside my blanket to avoid it.

I just hugged myself to make me imagine that someone else were there with me.

Just then the door opened.

Taehyung

"Mr. Park?"

"Hello, Mr. Kim," Park Jimin brought his hand forward for me to shake it.

I glanced beside me to see Ryuhee spacing out.

Did she know that her boyfriend was here? Or did this guy follow her to my office?

Heck. I did not even know why in the first place Ryuhee was here.

"I'm gonna go home," she spoke from beside me.

"I will drop you off," I immediately said.

"You don't have to," she said weakly.

"Also we need you to be here," that guy named Jimin said.

Doesn't he see that his girlfriend is hurting?

"Hoseok, I leave it on you. I will do the paperwork later if it's needed."

I took Ryuhee's hand and swept her off of her feet. I carried her in my arms, in bridal style.

"Ryu, are you okay?" Her damned boyfriend finally noticed.

Ryuhee buried her face into my chest.

"I don't want to talk right now," her voice came out muffled.

"I will be taking her to my home. You can come to pick her up next morning," with that I left from there.

Again she seemed so fragile in my arms. I was afraid as to I might break her. I had no idea how that Jimin guy dealt with her so recklessly.

Ryuhee was breathing heavily. I just did not want her to get sick because of tonight.

Ryuhee

I was engulfed by Taehyung's warmth. He was in hurry. He was taking fast steps but he was also careful since I was in his arms.

I could hear his heart beating. It was rapid as if it might jump out of his chest. After a few seconds, it seemed rhythmic.

I was getting comfort by just knowing a living person with a rapidly beating heart was with me. It was a new feeling.

It was a feeling of assurance. I never felt like this with Jimin.

I might have gotten crazy. Why was I freaking comparing both of them?

My eyelids were getting heavy. I was getting extremely cozy. I could fall asleep right now. But I did not want to. I did not want to miss out of the time to hear this heart beating like this.

I wished to hear my heart as well. I wondered how it would sound to combine both of them.

We reached Taehyung's car. He put me in the back seat. He took his jacket off and tried to cover me with it. He locked the door and got into the driving seat.

I felt restless again losing the warmth, not being able to hear his heartbeats. I felt lonely. The rain had stopped. But I was still exhausted because of the thunderstorms earlier.

I looked at Taehyung. He was too focused on the road. Driving in the night, in the midst of city lights was difficult for sure.

But it would not hurt him to look this side once in a while.

Would it?

Was my words reaching to him? How? I should speak up, right?

I lifted my hand to touch his arm. He was wearing a t-shirt of short sleeves.

Those arms that were carrying me a while ago, now they were so firm on the steering wheel and on the accelerator. I stopped midway. I was afraid of any direct skinny contact. It would not be comfortable like before thus it will break my expectations.

I just hugged the jacket, Taehyung left with me.

My eyelids were getting heavy again. Somewhat similar warmth from earlier surrounded me again.

I fell asleep in a stranger's car, under a stranger's jacket.

It was funny how even the strangers sometimes seem like someone with whom you are bonded the most.

Taehyung

After I reached at my place, I opened the door of the back seat to see her already sleeping soundly. It was for the best. She could use some sleep.

I carried her in my arms again and tucked her in my bed. My bed was the most comfortable one in this house. I covered with the comforter.

I tried to take my jacket. She was holding onto it as if her life depended on it.

Helplessly, I did not retrieve my jacket from her. I also took a blanket and lied down on the couch.

It was sure a long day.

But I still could not sleep. I was strangely very conscious about Ryuhee. I wanted to be already awake when she woke up.

I looked at her. I hoped for her to not get any nightmares.

--0--

Don't forget to vote, please.

I miss the funny and flirty Taehyung 😭😭😭