17| Always

"Make those eyes for me and I promise that you will never have to feel like this again."

Ryuhee looked into his eyes, trying to comprehend what he just said, completely forgetting about Jimin once again. Taehyung always used those empty pick-up lines on her to the point that she did not even get amused at them.

But this time it was different. For some reason, she felt like believing him, as if he was being honest. "My baby!" An woman, older than Taehyung's mother engulfed him in a hug.

"Aunt Aera, I can't breathe!" Taehyung struggled to speak. "This is your punishment for not going on that blind date I had set you on."

Taehyung forcefully tear Mrs. Choi off of him who was also his maternal aunt. "Did you see mom yet? You should go talk her. She must be nervous."

"Nervous?" She let out a laugh. "She must have been off fu―erm―I don't know―she will be fine on her own." Taehyung massaged his temples, imagining the kind of language his aunt was going to use about his own mother.

"Anyway, it's good that I found you. The daughter of the Lee group is here and her father wanted to see you so you should go and talk to them."

"Aren't you being rude to your little sister? Mom will get offended if she gets to know that you are trying to steal her thunder by trying to set up me with someone else. Besides―" Taehyung signalled to Ryuhee who was once again in a cultural shock by his relative,

"I already have a date. So I am gonna pass." Mrs. Choi examined Ryuhee from top to bottom. "Who?" She asked then, scanning for anyone other than her.

"Aunt Aera, you are being plainly mean to my date. She is a lawyer for your information." Mrs. Choi scrunched up her nose. "You are seeing a boring lawyer. "The daughter of Lee industries is much prettier and fun than she is."

"Don't act so innocent," Ryuhee muttered, looking at Taehyung. "Do what you enjoy more. You like being with girls with whom you can flirt and they keep giggling as response. So go ahead. You don't have to hold yourself back for someone like me."

Ryuhee turned on her heels to get a drink. "Right? I knew she couldn't be your girlfriend." Taehyung grasped her wrist. "Does it actually not affect you, not even a little bit if I hang around with other girls?"

The female made her hand free from his hold. "Why would it? We were not together in the first place." With that, she left him. Taehyung was hurt, feeling that there was nothing he could do to make her like him.

He also went to talk to Lee Somi as his aunt advised but to make Ryuhee feel jealous. He purposely kept his hand on her lower back and occasionally made conversations with her whenever Ryuhee was around.

The female felt frustrated. On one side, there was Jimin and on the other was Taehyung―which was totally her fault. She was hanging her head low to avoid eye contact with either of them.

And suddenly once again to her rescue, Jungkook was there, plopping down on the chair of the same table as Ryuhee's. She looked up to meet his doe eyes. "Shouldn't you be with your family?"

"I don't have much family," Jungkook responded with a chortle. She looked down, being familiar with this feeling. "I am sorry for earlier. I didn't know that you two had parted ways."

"It's okay." Ryuhee shook her head, shrugging. "It happened only a week ago." Jungkook nodded, understanding. Taehyung saw Ryuhee talking to Jungkook. He was visibly jealous―his jaw tightened―hand balled up into a fist.

At that moment, it was announced that the wedding ceremony was getting started. Taehyung let out a sigh of relief that he could now stop pretending since he had to escort his mother to the podium.

The crowd watched the gorgeous lady with her son on whom her facial features were defined―wide eyes, sharp nose, curvey lips. They walked together, making everyone stare at them in awe.

After the ceremony was over, the couples started slow dancing. "Wanna dance with me again?" Jungkook asked, stretching his hand out for her to take.

Ryuhee smiled before taking his hand. Jungkook casually slid both of his arms down to her waist and kept them fixated there. She wrapped her arms around his neck. They just swayed to music.

Taehyung could not take it anymore. He made his arm free from Somi before making his way towards the both of them. "Can I interrupt you two?" He spoke with a smile.

"Your partner is kind of my date today. So can you leave us alone?" Jungkook let out a dry chuckle. "Does it sound weird only to me? Why would you leave your date and be with some other person in the first place?"

"That―" He gritted his teeth, looking at Ryuhee. "That was something Ms. Kang wanted." Ryuhee rolled her eyes at him calling her formally. "But now I am back to senses and realise that I still should not have let go of this hand."

Taehyung raised her hand which he was already holding. Jungkook's eyes narrowed to their linked hands. He did not want to get involved in others' matters again. Since Ryuhee was not resisting, he decided to let it go as well.

"Have fun," he muttered before leaving.

Ryuhee did not say anything. She just flashed a smile at him as a response. As soon as Jungkook left aehyung grabbed her waist with one hand, pressing their bodies together.

Looking directly into her eyes, he uttered, "You always get things done as you want, right?"

_________

Vote for the chapter please!

I bet you didn't see this coming either. If I can write this book properly till the end, I can ensure you that there will be a lot of twists!