28| Proposal

"Let's get married."

Ryuhee was the one to abruptly propose out of the blue. Taehyung looked up at her, trying to process what just happened. "I will be your family. You don't need anyone else," she added, being terrified to get rejected.

"Like—what?" Taehyung was still dazed. "You haven't spoken one word by yourself ever since you came back from police station. I probably don't know well but I can understand, how it feels to lose your parent, how it feels to be alone."

"I—" Taehyung was completely cut off by Ryuhee continuing. "I don't wanna see you living like that lonely prince anymore. So Kim Taehyung,"

Ryuhee got on her knees in front of him, startling everyone present in the restaurant including Taehyung. "Will you marry me?"

As soon as the male composed myself, he also got down in front of her. "Everyone's looking at us," he whispered to her, "Please get up, Ryuhee."

"I won't get up unless you agree to marry me." Taehyung sighed, massaging his temples. "Okay." He smiled, trying to get past all the embarrassment because of Ryuhee creating quite a scene.

"Let's get married," Taehyung uttered, still keeping that smile on his face. Ryuhee wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him close with a satisfied smile plastered on her lips, getting a cheer from the crowd.

"You can be so stubborn," Taehyung complained, driving the car with one hand and intertwining their fingers with his other hand. Pulling Ryuhee's hand with his to his lips, he placed a kiss on the back of her hand.

"You so lost your image today." Ryuhee was laughing gleefully at Taehyung being embarrassed in that situation. Taehyung just chuckled, deciding to not retort to her soon to be fiancée.

"Shouldn't we let your mom know?" Taehyung scoffed. "Yeah right. I am cancelling the wedding on the day, you tell my mom about it."

"Why?" Ryuhee whined. "She will create a big deal out of it. You don't know her," Taehyung replied, his eyes were on the road. "But it is a big deal," Ryuhee looked down. It was actually a big deal for her.

Ever since her mother died, she had thought, she would have been never be able to consider anyone as her own again. But then she had been proven wrong by Jimin.

She had thought, she would have been able to spend the rest of her life with him. Her heart broke into millions of pieces when she realised that Jimin had changed and had to break up with him.

Then Taehyung came into her life, making her feel so special, every moment she had spent with him. However that feeling too changed when her mother's case reopened.

She had never thought that she would have been able to get back with Taehyung and to think that she would marry her—it was indeed a big deal.

"Okay," Taehyung nodded, not wanting her to sulk. "Really?" Ryuhee beamed. "Sure but on one condition. You have to tell your dad as well."

Her face lost colour at the mention of her dad. "You know that I don't consider him as my parent, don't you?" Taehyung glanced at the brunette once. "He still deserves to know about your wedding."

"Okay, you win. None of our parents are coming." Taehyung pressed his lips together to stifle his laugh. "Not what I wanted but anyway."

They were at a jewelry shop to pick a ring for Ryuhee. They needed to get engaged first to be called fiancé and fiancée.

"What about this one?" Ryuhee just shook his head at Taehyung's choice. It was probably the hundredth ring, Taehyung had shown to her till then. He let out an exasperated sigh. I should have come alone.

"I heard my son is shopping for an engagement ring."

_________

Vote for the chapter please!

Don't leave this book okay? Even though it's boring, it still needs your support. Don't skip meals.