11| Dawning

Ryuhee's POV

The days were the worst without Jimin. Every night anxiety surrounded me and Jimin was not there. The nights did not seem to end at all. Some of us have to wait so long just to have a glimpse of dawn.

I had to survive on pills. I did not go to work for three days now. I definitely need to go to work tomorrow. I sighed. I wondered if it would help if Jimin was here.

I dressed up in the morning and put makeup on to hide my tiredness. Mornings were always comforting. No sign of anxiety or panic was there. It was the best part of the day for me.

I went to a coffee shop to pick an americano. I was about to pay for the coffee. Just then I heard a voice.

"Ah. Finally out of her cave." I looked up to see Taehyung beside me. The golden rays of morning highlighted his face. His brown hair was slightly parted that tried to cover his eyes.

"I didn't see you," I mumbled which he pretended to not hear.

"What are you? A vampire who needs to stay away from the sunlight?" He was going on.

I thanked the cashier while handing him money and took my coffee to leave the shop.

"I didn't see you," I repeated nonchalantly. Taehyung gave me an incredulous look. He followed me outside without buying coffee or anything.

I fastened my pace towards my car.

"Oi. I am faster than you," he said and yanked me by my arm. He spun me around.

"What are you doing?" I glanced at my arm which he was holding. "Bold, aren't you? Touching a lawyer without her permission." Taehyung sniggered and continued staring at me. "I can put you in jail in the case of assault, you know?"

"Oh?" He cocked his head to the side. "I should tell Hoseok about how unprofessional lawyer you are."

I scoffed and said nothing. Taehyung's eyes held something— curiosity? No— interest? I could not exactly pinpoint it. But that something would never permit him to let me go today. "He would believe me given that you have been ignoring your clients for so long."

I made my arm free from his hold. "I was wrong. Not jail, you should be sent to a mental asylum. I haven't forgotten the joke about making my last name Kim yet and now this. You are proven to be in need of a psychiatrist."

Taehyung raised one eyebrow. "Oh yeah? You don't even know how honoured I am to see that you still remember one silly joke made by me."

"Talking to you is pointless. My words are bought by money. So wasting my words on you is like bringing poverty to South Korea which I can never do as a responsible citizen."

I opened the door of my car for just it to get closed again by Taehyung.

"You can't run away like this."

"Don't be a prick, Kim Taehyung. I am getting late. My clients are waiting. See I am not that unprofessional."

Taehyung shrugged. He was in his sweatpants and a t-shirt. It seemed that he was still not ready to go to his office.

He was jogging, maybe?

"Then, let's go," he proposed, encircling his hand around my wrist.

I lifted my hand up showing him our hands being together. "Getting a little too touchy again?"

"Oh, sorry," he said and let go off of my hand. He casually pretended that it was a mistake.

I rolled my eyes. "No matter how much my receptionist likes to see you—" he looked away, averting his eyes, trying to ignore what I was saying, "You can't come to my firm without any reason."

He looked at me and smiled brightly. "I have my reasons." Taehyung leaned closer to me. "It's personal though." He bursted into laughing.

I pursed my lips and my eyes squinted. "I am assuming I can go now." I turned around to leave but Taehyung was faster to open the door of my already unlocked car and get into the driving seat.

He kept his hands on the steering wheel. "Hop on, princess."

"Wait—" I panicked, "Where are you going?"

Taehyung smiled. "Wherever you want."

______

Vote for the chapter please.

Another chapter! I wasn't totally bluffing then 😞 You are angel for still reading this turtle book ❤️🌼