31| Selfish

The newly wed couple were greeting their guests after the wedding ceremony. "Did you talk to Mr. Jeon?" Ryuhee asked Taehyung, flashing smiles to the guest.

"Speak of the devil." Taehyung muttered at the sight of Jungkook walking towards them. "Congratulations," he said with a smile which Ryuhee returned gladly. "Thank you so much."

"Congratulations to you too, stepbro," this time he said to Taehyung, looking at him. "Sure," he mumbled, looking elsewhere. "You should thank him," Ryuhee tried to knock some manner to him.

"It's okay," Jungkook politely uttered, "He must be offended that he had almost gotten his girl stolen by me." He sent a wink to Ryuhee, getting on Taehyung's nerves. The male stood in front of her Ryuhee who was still surprised at the sudden confession from her newly wedded husband's stepbrother.

He was standing like a barrier between them. "Your good wishes were conveyed. You can leave now. We need to talk to other people as well." Jungkook let out a laugh at his jealousy. He actually wished for them to be happy.

"Don't even think about it," Taehyung warned but it somehow came out like begging, "You promised that you won't leave me again." Ryuhee rolled her eyes, composing herself.

"Do you really think, I am going to leave you? I wasn't even talking about Jungkook. I was talking about your stepdad. You should go and talk to him."

Taehyung stomped his feet. "But I don't wanna." Ryuhee caressed his face. "Aww, I am sorry for asking you to do this. But you should make him feel welcome in your life."

"Yeah?" Taehyung cocked his head to the side. "Then you will also have to talk to your father." He grabbed her shoulders to spin her around.

Kang Minho was standing in front of her, staring at his grown-up daughter in her wedding dress. He spoke up, "You look so much like your mother."

Ryuhee's father, Kang Minho was informed by Taehyung's mother. She somehow arranged his phone number and told her about their children's wedding. He did not waste any second to decide that he wanted to be there.

Even though, he was embarrassed about not being there throughout the time of Ryuhee's growing up and could not be by her side when she was fighting alone against life, he was still selfish enough to want to see her in her wedding dress.

Much to his distaste, Taehyung also went to talk to his stepfather to encourage Ryuhee to talk to her own father. They were awkward at first but then Kang Minho apologized to his daughter and she told him how her mother got justice after so many years.

Even though, there are only a few words, those words along with the silence between them were much significant.

_______

Vote for the chapter please!

No it's not the end. As I told you before, it's a Jae ride. So please don't leave this book until ends and come back to reread it whenever you want to.