𝐈𝐕. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲

Chris laid cuddled next to his brother's side, not wanting to be alone. It was funny. All he wanted was to be loved. And it only took his best friend to die for him to get that. He let out another small sob and Steve softly hugged his brother closer. He promised himself that from now on, no more shitty older brother. He was finally gonna be the brother that Chris deserved. The brother Chris needed.

⤎✗🕶✗⤏

Chris looked at the polaroid's that were taped to his wall. There was one picture in particular, it was of him and Will. Dustin took it of them while Will was drawing and Chris was looking at the drawing from over his shoulder. They looked so happy, so... normal. And now, he was gone. The boy he had always felt like there was something more than friendship for. Was gone.

"Hey, Chris..." Steve said as he knocked on his door making him turn his head. "I signed you off for school today. I have a test so I need to go. If anything is wrong, just call my school. Okay?" He asked and Chris softly nodded with a blank face. Steve sighed and wrapped his arms around his brother. "Everything will be fine, don't worry." He said before leaving.

"But it won't be," Chris whispered. "It won't be all fine without him." He finished as a single tear rolled down his cheek.

"Chris? Chris are you there? This is urgent." He heard Mike from her walkie-talkie. Chris sighed as he quickly wiped away his tears and answered.

"What? Over." He asked annoyed.

"Chris, I know you're upset and mad, but this is about Will. Over." Mike replied and Chris clenched his fists.

"No. please, don't. Over." He said as tears started forming again.

"I can't explain. Just get over here stat. Lucas and Dustin are coming too. Over and out." And with that, Mike hung up, leaving an angry, confused and upset Chris.

"I swear to God, I'm gonna kill him someday." He muttered under his breath before quickly changing out of his pyjama's. He put on some dark blue jeans, a white T-shirt, a black, white and grey flannel, a black belt and he finished the look with a grey baseball cap and his classic black Vans with white socks poking out. He threw on a blue wind-breaker before grabbing his keys, picking up his skateboard and leaving the house, locking the door behind him.

"This better be good, Wheeler." He sighed before hopping on his skateboard and he was off. After some time, he finally reached Mike's house, just as Lucas and Dustin did too.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Lucas asked him carefully and Chris just simply shrugged.

"According to Mike, being upset that one of my best friends died even though that's not him." He replied with a pissed look and Lucas and Dustin sighed. The three friends entered the house and quickly went to the basement. There was Eleven, toying with Mike's walkie-talkie and on the other end was someone whimpering, someone, who sounded like Will.

"We keep losing the signal, but you hear it, right?" Mike asked as Chris knitted his eyebrows together.

"Yeah, I heard a baby," Lucas replied.

"What?" Mike asked confused.

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburns' next door." Lucas explained and Chris softly sighed, making Dustin give him a small but sad smile.

"Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!" Mike asked as Chris tried not to roll his eyes.

"Mike..." Lucas tried, but Mike interrupted him.