Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Isaac's POV

I didn't know what to say to that. I mean, what do you say to someone telling you that your mother was murdered? My body felt weak and I wanted to throw up. I got up and slowly moved back away from them all, Mia included.

"By who?" I barely choked out. I was stumbling over my own feet at this point. Everything in me was screaming at me to get away from these monsters.

Mia stood up and tried to get to me, but I just shook my head and moved faster. She looked hurt and something in me wanted to let her come, but I was too afraid.

"Isaac, another wolf killed-" Mia's father didn't get to finish his sentence before this wave of energy I've never felt before hit me in waves.

"You people killed my mother?!" My voice echoed through the room with force.

They were all staring at me again.

"Look at his eyes," Xander mumbled.

"Son, please. You need to sit back to down so we can tell you the whole story."

"Please?" Mia looked me in the eyes. "You need to know what happened to your mother. You'll never know if you walk out now."

She's right. I feel the energy leave my baby and the other men in the room seemed to visibly relax.

I cautiously walk towards them and sit in the seat again. I looked at Mia, she looks like she wants to say something but doesn't. I looked away, not in the mood to give her time to make up a lie.

Her father took a breath, "Look, we could never hurt your mother, we wouldn't. She died because a wolf that wasn't in our pack, a rogue killed her. We were attacked. She died protecting us...and you."

I let that sink in, but why was I there?

"Why...why was I there?" I looked at the Alpha confused.

He came to the other side of his desk and sat on the edge.

"...She was bringing you there to come to meet Xander and myself. She wanted us to be your life so badly. I was...supposed to be your godfather and eventually help you train alongside your mother."

"So you just didn't care that she died?" I asked, feeling myself losing control again.

"Not at all! You stayed with us for two weeks or so while your father grieved. He dropped you off and we took you in as one of our own, my mate and I. Then he came and took you away and moved you away from us. We didn't know where you were. When we finally found you, we got in touch with your father but he was still so angry with me after what happened. He told us to leave you alone and moved again."

I held my hands against my lips and thought about it.

I did move a lot before high school. Whenever my dad thought someone would catch him beating me or they caught on to how malnourished I was, we would skip town. But when I got to high school he figured no one would care about the bruises cause kids in high school fought all the time. I tuned back into what he was saying.

"Turns out he was hiding from right under our nose," he mumbled to himself.

The room was silent and I looked down.

"Can I be done with this? It's...it's a lot to take in at once."

He shifted positions on the desk and said, "Of course, yeah. Mia will show you to the room you'll be staying in and I'll come to check on you later."