Chapter 20

Mia's POV

After we raided the kitchen, Asher led Brook to the living room.

"Hey guys, I'll meet you in there. I need to use the restroom." I mumbled.

They waved me off and muttered 'okays' and walked away. I ran my fingers through my hair and sped walked into the nearest bathroom. I was trying to stay calm for Brook but I couldn't anymore. I tried to control my breathing as the waterfall of tears fell from my eyes. I covered my mouth to try and muffle the sobs that were escaping me.

My brother was missing.

I broke down and leaned against the bathtub. I was crying too loudly. All of the sudden, the knob on the door slowly started twisting and I immediately started to wipe and get myself together.

"It's me hun. Come here."

Asher engulfed me in a tight hug.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay. We'll find him, Mi."

He held me as tight as he could while I cried quietly for a few minutes.

"Relax, she's taking a shower in the master bedroom. The water is still running."

I sniffled a few more times and tried to fix my face. Finally my cries had died down.

"Okay, then we should get to the living room before Brooklyn comes in and check in on us. But just so you know, Xander is your brother, you guys are really close. Of course you can break down Mia."

I wiped away the stray tears that fell when he was talking and smiled a little.

"I know," he smirked. "Now let's go stuff faces with popcorn and rant over a TV show."

I laughed a little and said okay and walked to the couch. I mindlinked Isaac's doctor to let her know I wouldn't be able to come down to the hospital tonight and she responded with an okay I also texted Isaac, but he didn't respond at all. I guess he was still embarrassed from our conversation earlier.

I turned my phone off as Brook walked back into the room.

"Alright, let the binging begin!" Asher smirked.

........

It was the morning after everything had happened and I was currently walking back to the hospital to see Isaac. I was taking that time to finally let all the emotions I was hiding from Brook out.

It hurt. It hurt so much. My brother is gone and we have no idea where. He's not dead, he's alive. Which in a way is so much worse because we have no idea what they were doing to him.

I tried to stop crying and wipe my tears since I was getting close to the hospital. I didn't want Isaac to see me cry.

I finally kind of get myself together and walk through the front door.

"Mia! Welcome back, Isaac is awake if you want to go in. I was about to go in and share his lab results. I saw some things I was curious about, so I gave him more X-ray images taken this morning...are you okay?" She was giving me an update and saw stray tears falling down my face.

I wiped them away again with the back of my hand and cleared my throat.

"I'm fine. Can we go in now?" I mumbled, motioning to Isaac's room.

"Hello again, Isaac. How are you?" she said with a smile.

He looked up and was about to answer, but he saw me.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked, completely ignoring the doctor.

"Y-yeah I'm okay. Are you?" I asked, walking into the room fully.