Billie 19

I get up and I kneel down by Mike's bed. I grab his hand and squeeze it tight. Hoping he will squeeze my hand back, but I get nothing. I get up, pacing back and forth by Mike's bed. All of a sudden Mike's heart monitor says his heart is getting faster and faster and then goes dead. I wake up in fear and look over at Mike to make sure he's ok.

"Holley shit!" I start to cry. I know it's just a dream but it felt so real! So I call Tre.

Ring ring ring ring.

"Hello? Billie what time is it?

" Ya Tre I know it's late but I just had the strangest dream and it just felt so real! "

" Ok? What happened?"

" Ok so I was standing by Mike's bed and I started pacing back and forth and his hear monitor said his heart was beating faster and faster and then goes dead."

" Oh Billie it was just a dream, your worrying to much! Now can I get some. Sleep please."

" Ya, ya sure. Bye. "

" Bye."

I hang up the phone and I sit back down in the chair, and fall back asleep. I wake up the next morning and I get up to check on Mike. Just when I look at him it makes me want to break down into tears. I bend down to kiss his forehead and I run my hand through his hair.

2 weeks later

It's been 2 weeks now and he still hasn't woken up yet. I'm starting to get really worried, I mean I know you don't just wait a day to wake up from a comma no it could take weeks, months maybe 2 weeks or 1 month. It depends every one is different. I walk over to Mike.

"Mike I know you can't hear me right now but I want you to understand that I love you and I- I don't want you to go." I whisper. Then I start to get ticked off.

" Just wake up god damn it!" The nurse walks in.

"Excuse me sir are you ok?"

"Yes, I'm o-" I pass out.

I wake up and see Tre talking to the nurse.

"Oh your awake?"

"Ya."

"You passed out. Stress the nurse said."

"Tre, I'm just so worried about Mike and I- I think I'm going into depression again. If he dies, well then thats it. I would probably kill myself. Or I'd probably just end up in Rehab again or go to a mental institution."

Tre sighed.

" Billie don't think those things, we need you here, I need you here."

Tre walks over to my bed and tries to kiss me on the cheek.

"Woah Tre what are you doing?" I push Tre away.

" Sorry!"

" I think it's time for you to go, uh I'll call you when or if Mike wakes up."

" Ok." And he gets up and leaves.

After a little while I get up and check on Mike. I decide to play him the song that I sang to him before I left for college. I grab my headphones and plug it into my phone. And place the headphones on his head and press play on the song. The song plays for about a minute and Mike's finger twitches. I start to get excited so I press play on the song again and Mike twitches some more. So I take the headphones off, and I squeeze his hand tightly. And he squeezes it back.

"Mike? Mike Honey can you hear me?"

Mike starts to wake up. And I start to get super excited. I start crying.

" Oh my God Mike!"

I get up and hug him tightly.

" Ow fuck my head! How long was I asleep?"

" Oh for about 2 weeks."

" Oh wow."

"ya I'm going to call Tre."

" Ok."