6 Mike

I wake up around 2:30 a.m and find my arm around Billie's waist. I try moving with out waking Billie up. Then I get up and throw on a sweatshirt that didn't have blood on it and I put a sweatpants and I find my shoes, then I head downstairs. When I'm starting to walk downstairs I hear someone walking upstairs so then I run back into Billie's room and lay on the floor and act asleep.

"You boys asleep?"

"Hey mom."

"Oh I'm sorry Billie did I wake you."

"Ya but it's fine are you leaving?"

"Yes I got to go and make sure you boys go to school tomorrow ok, but before I go I'm going to get a blanket for your friend."

"Ok mom, wait I have an extra one just give him this one. "

Billie's mom gives me a blanket and then walks downstairs. I wait till she leaves and then I head downstairs and to the gas station to by a coke.

"That will be $2 kid."

I grab the $2 from my pocket and hand it to the cashier. I head out the door and I hear a man's voice call me.

"Hey kid."

It was a police officer.

"Hey kid what are you doing up so late?"

"Uh I-I- I just wanted a coke that's all."

The police officer tells me to get into his car. I do as he says and I get in the car.

"Can you tell you tell me your name kid?"

"Uh can you tell me your name?"

" Its officer Jammy, now really can you tell me your name kid."

" It's Mike, Michael."

We arrive at the station and we headed inside.

"Hey kid can you tell me who your parents are?"

I didn't want to because I didn't want to go back, I thought it felt nice at Billies house but it looked like I had no choice.

"Reggie is my step dads name."

I gave him Reggie's number and he stated to make a phone call.

"Hi uh is this Reggie?"

"Uh ya, who's calling?"

"this is the Oakland county Police department ,I am calling you because I believe I have your son uh Michael?"

" Yep that's him, what did he do?"

" Oh he didn't do anything wrong I just found him at the gas station, do you mind if you could come pick him up?"

" Sure."

Then he hung up the phone. I started to freak out. I could see Reggie's bright red pickup pull into the parking lot.

"Hey uh my dad's here."

"Oh ok let me walk out with you."

I felt safer as the officer walked out with me. I point to the red pick up and the officer knocks on the window while I clime inside. Reggie rolls down the window.

"Thanks for coming to pick him up and uh can you make sure he doesn't go out by 10:00."

" Yep will do."

" Ok take care."

Reggie starts to drive off and he tools up the window. He waits till the officer walks inside.

"Were have you been!"

"I-I- I was at a friend's house that's all.

He gets really mad and starts hitting me, he kept on hitting me till he cuts open my cheek. We get home and I run upstairs and slam my door. Wait to hear Reggie coming up the stairs but he didn't. I try calling Billie.

Ring ring ring

"Hello?"

I started to cry when I was on the phone.

"Hey Billie it's Mike."

I started shaking.

" Yo Mike were are you, are you ok?"

" Well not exactly, I got up as soon as your mom left and I went down to the gas station to buy a Coke and then I'm stopped by an officer and she took me to the police station and then I um ended up at home and my stepdad beat me up until he cut my cheek open."

" Mike!"

" Please just come help me."

" K I'm on my way."