Day Sixteen

"Ward," he said, smiling.

That was not what Ward expected.

"I've missed you buddy," Ward said, pacing around.

"You too," Fitz muttered.

He was trying to process everything in his mind.

What could Ward do that was so bad? Of course, that would be a whole conversation and he honestly felt like being with Simmons.

"I'm sorry, I-I think this is just a bad idea right now, and I'm gonna go back up to see-see Simmons, so, bye."

"Fitz. Whatever you remember, or don't remember about me, I'm sorry for."

He nodded and continued to walk up the steps.

When he reached the door and opened it, he found Simmons talking to Tripp.

"Hey Tripp!" Fitz said, as he had grown closer to him since he awoke.

"Hi, Fitz. I was just talked to Simmons. They're letting me do some physical ed with you, just to get you back and steady on your feet."

"Great!" Fitz said, "When do we get started?"

"Tomorrow, bright and early, be ready."

He left Fitzsimmons alone and she helped him to his room, which she forgot that she left a mess.

"Oh my," she muttered as they walked in the room.

"I, uh, have been sleeping here for a few days. Just, needed a change of scenery, I guess."

He shrugged his shoulder and studied his room.

"That's okay, you can still sleep here if you want, I mean-if that's okay. I'm really sorry, I'm bad at this."

A small giggle came out of her mouth and she shook her head.

"It's fine, Fitz. If you'd be more comfortable with me here, then I'll stay for a few nights."

That is what he wanted, but not because he was uncomfortable but because he began to fancy her.

He liked her deep brown eyes, and the way her eyebrows crinkled when she smiled, or the way she was always there for him.

"That'd be great," he blurted out, before sitting on the bed.

"I'm so glad you're out, Fitz. It'll be like old times, now."

He just couldn't stop thinking about her and why he felt such a strong emotional attachment to her.

He just wanted her with him at all times. He never wanted her to leave.

"Come on, I'm tired," she said, "let's take a nap."

With that, she set her stuff down and crawled into the bed as he laid down as well.

They stared at eachother before taking turns drifting off.