Day Nineteen

Fitz lay awake, Simmons in his arms and rubbed her forehead with his soft fingers.

He knew she loved this and anything that made her happy, made him happy.

He was absolutely infatuated with this beautiful young woman and couldn't imagine life without her.

He was going to spend every waking moment with her as possible from now on.

It was 7:30 a.m, and Coulson gave Fitz the day off from training, so the extra time was well appreciated.

Jemma stirred and Fitz lifted his head, watching her begin to slowly awaken.

Her beautiful chocolate eyes fluttered open and a smile approached her lips.

"Fitz," she mumbled, becoming aware to her surroundings.

And the fact that Fitz was back.

"Sleep good?"

She nodded, closing her eyes.

"It's very calming when you're rubbing my forehead. You know I love it."

He shot her a confused look and she rolled her eyes.

"You think I didn't notice? It's practically my weakness."

A small chuckle escaped his mouth and she sat up.

She was the most adorable thing he had ever seen; there was no doubting it.

The way her hair fell over her left shoulder when she awoke, or the way her eyebrows drooped when she dreamt.

Everything about this girl made him weak in the knees.

"You look beautiful, Jemma," he added, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Don't be silly, Fitz, I've just awoken."

He didn't care. He wanted her to be his.

"So?" She looked at him with a small smile on her face.

"I love you, Fitz."

Still hearing those words triggered something inside of him that he couldn't describe, he loved her.

"I love you more."

~

"Simmons, please report to Coulson's office immediately."

The overhead speaker rang, and she sighed.

"I don't want to."

She nuzzled her head into his neck and he kissed her forehead.

"I know, but let's get up, it's 1:00 anyways," truthfully he didn't want to get up either.

Jemma got ready for the day and made her way down to Coulson's office.

"Good afternoon, Jemma, how are you?"

"I'm fantastic, sir," she said like a lovestruck school girl.

"I called you in here for a serious matter," there was a long pause, "you have been offered a new position."

Her smile slipped from her face, as she sat down.

"Oh," she managed to say, her thoughts were now jumbled.

"It's from Tony Stark, at Stark Industries. He heard about what you and Fitz did and how you did it and instantly wanted you."

"Wanted me? B-but that's a new base, sir. I mean, unless Fitz can tag along! He'd love us together!"

Coulson looked down at the papers and messed with the edges, before beginning to speak again.

"Jemma, Fitz won't be going."

A stunned expression appeared on her face and she shook her head.

"Not an option, sir. He just got better. I've barely had time with him. I'm sorry, tell him no."

A silence fell in the room as they both stared at each other.

"You have to leave, Simmons. It's not a choice for you to make."