Chapter Six

"Liam! Are you kidding me?" Carina yells.

"No, I am not Carina," Liam says. He puts hands through his hair stressfully.

"Is whoever you has sex with on the pill?" I ask.

"I don't think Cierra is." The sky goes darker and lightning flashes in the distance.

"You had sex with Cierra! My maid Cierra? Of corse she's not on the pill! She's never had a fucking relationship in her life!" I yell. "Oh. My. God."

"I'm sorry," Liam says. I look up and his eyes are glossy. I go over to him and hug him. The lightning stops and clouds slowly go back to white.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you," I say as I rub circles into his back. Carina joins the hug.

Liam pulls away. "Are you ready to be a father?" Carina asks.

"Of corse I'm not. Father is going to kill me."

"Mother is going to separate you and never let you come back," Carina says.

"That would be stupidest idea ever. Cierra can't raise a child on her own. She doesn't know how. She was an only child and her parents left her by the palace gates," Liam says. "Do you know when we're leaving? We need to stay here until Cierra takes a pregnancy test or something. I can't leave her."

"Do you want me to talk to her?" I ask.

"Us, do you want us to talk to her?" Carina asks.

"I don't know how much help that'll be. Do whatever you want."

"She is not going to terminate the baby. I'm not going to let her do that," I say.

'I kind of do want a child. Maybe not this early, but definitely with Cierra,' I read Liam's thoughts.

Oh boy. "C'mon Carina."

"See you later," Carina says as we both leave. I hear Liam's footsteps a couple feet behind us but turn the other way.

I see a maid and tell her to send Cierra to my room. She hurries off. Carina and I sit in my room for a while until Cierra walks in.

Her makeup in running down her face. She must have been crying. Her hair is a mess.

"Come here, babe," I open my arms for Cierra. She gladly takes the offer as she cries into my chest. Carina rubs circles into her back as I smooth her hair down.

"I-I'm sorry," Cierra says between breaths she's trying to catch.

"You can't help it of the condom broke," Carina says and laughs. Cierra laughs too as she wipes under her eyes.

"You know what would make you feel better?" I smile at both of them.

"What?" Cierra asks.

"A makeover. From us to you." I say. Carina grins big. She's always loved anything involving beauty.

"Go shower up," Carina says. Cierra nods and closes the door.

"You're definitely doing makeup. I can't, at all." I laugh at myself.

"Then you can run to her room and grab a dress and tell Liam to get ready for dinner with Cierra."

"I knew you had a plan right after I said makeover," I say.

"Go!"

"I'll be back!"

I run down the halls and stairs to Cierra's quaint room. There's a cork board with letters from Liam above her desk. Her twin bed is in a corner, made nicely. Her desk is organized. Writing supplies separated from hair and makeup. There is a dresser in a corner, right next to the bed. On the wall opposite of the bed and dresser is a door, open and leading to a closet. Next to her desk is another door. The bathroom door I'm guessing. The walls are painted a dark navy blue.