Chapter Seventeen

"Exit now, Princess!" a guard calls to me, but I'm frozen. "Your Majesty!" People screaming and crying and calling for others rush past me. Niall runs up to me.

"Alli! We have to leave, now!"  Niall says while grabbing my hand. He tries pulling me, but I don't budge.

"Freeze where you are, or I'll shoot someone!" one of the people that broke in shouts. The man has a black bandana, a black tee shirt on, dark washed jeans, black jeans, and a leather jacket on. I can't tell what color his eyes are but his hair is a dark, ash blonde. He has a strong Russian accent as well. He has a gun out and ready to shoot someone.

"Alli!" Niall whispers to me. I tighten my grib on his hand.

"Shh," I say. I look around and see that my mom and dad have exited, as well as the other royal and important guests.

"Now, you all are probably wonder who the hell we are. Well, if you can't tell by my accent, we are Russians. We've been planning this for a while now. Years actually. You see, our country is over this 'Cold War' act."  You see, the Cold War ended in 1991, but was brought back up in 2020, when years earlier we were talking about sending a man to Mars and the Russians actually achieved that goal first, when we agreed to have one citizen of, at the time America, and one Russian go together. That made us angry, so Americans started threatening and getting into fights with Russians on social media. The Americans were also starting hashtags about how we are not and never were communist. That's why we are Dilha and a monarchy. "We have weapons. You have weapons.  Let's just fight."

"You need to leave!" a guard shouts.

"Actually, we don't," a girl dressed similar to the man shouts. She looks like she's in her twenties. She has light brown hair braided messilly because it's short and looks to be layered. "We've had a Russian undercovered. He's been a guard and has been updating us about what's been happening." I grib Niall's hand even tighter. No. We've checked every man's history before making them a guard. She's lying. She's tricking us.

"Who?" another guard questions.

"Uh-" the Russian girl hesitates. The man elbows her and gives her a nasty look. It must be a que because the others start to back away slowly. The guards relaize what's going on quickly. They shoot at the two leaders, who don't actually have bullets, but the others that were trying to escape do.

"Alli! Let's go!" Niall says while all the guns fire. Niall lets go of my hand and starts running as I follow.

"The Princess!" one of the Russians call. 

"Shit," I mumble under my breath. I sprint as fast as I can with heels on to the door. After I turn to the right out of the doorway, a bullet flies past me and hits the wall.  "Oh my God."

"Are you okay love?"

"Yeah," I say, shocked from being so close to being shot.  Niall must have seen it in my face, because he embraces me and holds me there until I say, "We should probably get to one of the safe rooms."

"We should. Let's go," Niall says. I grab his hand and we start walking to the nearest safe room.

When we get to it, it's empty.The others must have found a different one. Niall closes the door and joins me on the bench. We found a small one, so there's only a bench, a sink, a toilet, a first aid kit, and some blankets.

"So, we just stay in here until someone comes and gets us?" Niall asks.

"Yeah. They check all the safe rooms once everything is cleared. We'll all be sent to our rooms afterward," I explain as I take my mask off and set it in my lap.