Chapter One

"Allison, we have chosen all of the bachelors," my father, King Joseph, says as he walks into my bedroom.

"May I ask you a question, Father?" I ask.

"Yes, darling."

"Did you choose them randomly, or did you choose based on skill, money, education, and connection?"

"Randomly, my daughter." I hug him.

"Thank you Father, that's what I perfer.'

"I will see you at dinner." He stands and when he gets to the door he stops. "Your mother will come to discuss about the competition with you soon."

"Good-bye." He walks into the hall.

I close my door and walk over
to my mirror.

"You're prepared Alli. You're prepared for the competition and to be Queen," I say to my reflection. I stare at myself. "Yes, I am", I say confidently. I walk over to my comfy chair. I sit in it, my legs pulled up on the seat. I grab the book I am currently reading and read it.

After a little while there is a knock. I get up and open the door.

"Hello, Allison," My mother, Queen Namoi, says. She kisses my cheek.

"Hello, Mother." I smile.

"I would like to talk to you about the competition."

"Of corse." I sit on my chair and my mother sits on the small couch.

"When all of the bachelors arrive they will be guided to their rooms. Their maids will prepare them for their interview with you. You'll need to have some questions ready to ask. Questions that are important to you. After they have answered the questions, you'll tell the guard behind you yes or no. He'll write the name of the bachelor on either the yes or no column. All of the bachelors on the yes side will be interviewed by me and your father, just so we get to know them." She smiles. I nod as she says everything. "Do you have any questions so far?"

"No, I do not," I reply.

"After that, the boys will have little projects and such to do throughout the competition. Anyone that you put on the no column will be sent home the next day. You can send a bachelor home whenever you like. Your maids will make you a dress for when you interview the boys. You may also go on dates, as long as they take place in the palace."

"I understand everything mother," I smile.

"Fantastic. If you have any questions throughout the competition you can ask me or your father."

"Okay."

"Also, Emma will be up here shortly after dinner to get you ready for The Report."

"Thank you mother. See you at dinner," I kiss her cheek. She walks out of the room and into the hallway. I shut the door with my powers and sit to read my book.

A guard knocks on my door and says. "Dinner is ready. Time to eat in the Great Room."

"Thank you Officer Thortan. I will be down in a second."

I apply some more mascara and brush my knotty hair quickly before sliding on a pair of flats and running to the main floor. Once I reach the stairs that lead to the main floor, I walk the rest of the way.

I take my seat across from my mother. My father sits at the head of the table.

"I apologize for being late."

"You were only a tad bit late, Allison. The only time you apologize for being late is if you are 3 or later minutes late."

"Yes, father. I forgot." I blow my hair out of my eyes.