Chapter Sixteen

It's the morning of the Halloween Masquerade Ball. I've been very excited. Emma wakes me up, and rushes me to go shower. After I shower, I grab something simple from my closet. I leave my hair out of the towel after I brush it while Hannah does my makeup.

Recently, Hannah has been talking about her wedding 24/7. It is next month. Hannah has been busy planning it whenever I don't need her. As far as I know, they have everything ordered, except the dress. Tomorrow, Hannah invited me, Cierra, and Emma to go dress shopping with her. Also, yesterday, she told us- me, Cierra, and Emma- that we are going to be in the wedding party. Hannah said she wanted a small wedding party, so that's what she got. Cierra is paired with Liam, Emma is paired with Flance, and I am paired with Louis.

"Oh, Alli. I forgot to mention, you're kind of my maid of honor," Hannah says while she seals the mascara.

"What? Hannah!" I say, "Are you sure?"

"I am positive," Hannah says with a grin on her face. I give her a hug and then Hannah continues my makeup.

"Your costume is finished!" Emma announces as she exits my closet.

"Ooh," I say as she reveals a long, fluffy white dress. She's holding up a white headpiece and a white mask that has jewels all over it. The headpiece is made completely of feathers and a few jewels. It has two pieces that look to go on each side of my head. The dress has jewels on it too. It's strapless and has a sweetheart neckline. From the waist up, there is scattered jewels of different sizes. The dress has a full skirt. It has white feathers on the sides and back while the front is the continuing white material from the waist up. "It's gorgeous!"

"We only made the mask and headpieces. A designer came to help us design the dress. Then her team made it," Hannah explains.

"Whoa."

"I can't wait to see it on you!" Emma gushes.

"When's breakfast?" I ask. Hannah begins to finish my makeup.

"I can go get it. Since an event is being held in the palace, the Queen thought it would be a good idea for everyone to eat in their rooms whenever they like. That'll be the same for lunch," Emma explains.

"Oh. I guess that makes sense."

"Don't move," Hannah commands. I do as she says. She caps the lipstick and then sets it on the vanity. "Voila!" (You know when people say 'wala'? That's actually how it's spelled. I thought I'd add this in so you aren't wondering what the heck that is/means.)

"Do you want me to get your breakfast?" Emma asks.

"No, I got it. I think I'll eat in the kitchen anyway," I say. I stand up and head into my closet. I grab a green cropped cardigan sweater to match my white dress and green wedges. I slide it on and leave it unbuttoned.

As I head to the kitchen, I say "Good morning" to everyone I pass. Almost everyone returns the greeting. I reach the kitchen and sit on one of the stools in front of the counter. One of the chefs places a plate in front of me.

"What would you like to drink, Your Majesty?" He asks.

"I'll just have a glass of milk. Thank you," I reply. Another chef comes and puts three pancakes, a pile of bacon, and a banana on my plate. I also thank him.

After I finish my breakfast, I walk around the garden. I smell different flowers here and there. I turn a corner and run into Niall.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I say. Niall is sweaty, and might I add shirtless. He is also wearing shorts and Nike's.

"It's okay, love," Niall say.

"So, what are you doing out here?" I ask, trying to make conversation.