Well, a Lot Just Happened in Five Seconds

Spirit felt herself fell to her knees, Spirit opened her eyes with a small moan, the young hero took in her surrounding, she stood was beside Batgirl in a containment capsule, Spirit turned her head to see Wolf, Superboy, and one of the kids that they rescued from the Reach, holding up Superboy. Spirit cleared her head, as she stood up and got herself out of the capsule, along with the rest of her fellow teammates. Spirit took notice that Mongul and Black Beetle were battling it out throughout the whole large room that was filled with the containment capsules that she was stuck in. Spirit was still thrown off, slowly made her way over to Spark who was also out of it, and stood next Impulse. Spirit wrapped her arm around Spark, trying to keep both of them on some kind of balance. Another thing that Spirit noticed was that kid who was holding up Superboy wasn't the only kid from the Reach that was there, it was all of them.

"Let's go, move!" Arsenal shouted at them as he came in with the gear and weapons of the team. Arsenal ran over to the control panel and turned to the young heroes in the room. "Okay, get ready. There's a squad of Reach soldiers waiting for us." Arsenal opened the doors revealing all the knocked soldiers on the other side, the four meta teens and Arsenal lowered their stance as Nightwing and Miss. Martian stood over the knocked out soldiers.

"Yay!" Spirit cheered tiredly, she leans her head down on Spark's as she winces in pain. Arsenal ran over to Nightwing, while Ms. Martian rushed over to Beast Boy.

***

Most of the team had recovered from being in stasis for almost three days, Spirit and Spark walked together into the Bioship together, though they did separate for a moment so that Nightwing and Spirit reunite for a moment before Spark stole back her sister.

"All aboard. We're almost home free." Ms. Martian told them, Nightwing stay behind to talk to the four meta-teens and Arsenal who were the ones to save them. Spirit saw that Bumblebee was staying slightly behind, Spirit let go of Spark, silently told her to go ahead. Spirit walked up to Bumblebee, she placed her hand on her shoulder, knowing what she was going to tell Nightwing.

"I got it," Spirit told her lowly, with a nod. Bumblebee gave her a nod, before turning to go into the Bioship with the rest of the team.

"I think congratulations are in order," Nightwing said to the four teens. "No training, no guidance, and yet you pulled it off. When we get back after a debrief, there might be a place for all of you with the Team."

"Wow, really?" The kid with a blue baseball cap, Spirit recognized the kid with electricity powers, similar to Alya's.

"So now that we save you butts, you're cool with us not being S.T.A.R. Lab's guinea pigs." Another one of the teens' replies.

"Dude, chill." The kid with the hat told him.

"What with the S.T.A.R. Labs hate." Spirit moved forward going around the kids and beside Nightwing. "They were pretty cool when I was with them, nine years ago."

"Before we had back, we need to talk about Blue Beetle." Arsenal walked in between Nightwing and Spirit, and the teens. "He betrayed us."

"Wow, dude." Spirit scoffed, narrowing her eyes at him. "Last time I checked, you opened an airlock even after both Bee and I told you not to. We almost died, by getting sucked into the vacuum of space, and let me tell you. That is one of my worse fears of being the protege of a Green Lantern who can breathe in space, you know just dying in space. But that's not the point, you doing that is the whole reason we got captured, you disabled the rest of the team that was standing just so you could make your own escape."

"Hey! After eight years on ice, there was no way I getting grabbed again." Arsenal shouted at her, Spirit remained stoic as he gets in her face. "And in case you hadn't noticed, my escaped resulted in you being free now to stand here and complain. So how about a thank you?"

"Your escaped is the whole reason we were captured in the first place." Spirit exclaimed, "Didn't I already say that. Good god, how are you worse than the first one, I had to deal with."

" You're right, Arsenal. Thank you." Nightwing placed his hand on Spirit's shoulder, causing her to relax, but her eyes narrow at her boyfriend, as she goes to protest, but he continued. "And after we get back to Earth, you're off the Team."

Spirit's eyes widen, she was not accepting Arsenal to be kicked off, and she wasn't the only one, as the meta-teens began to protest. "Well, wait a minute!"

"If it wasn't for Arsenal, we wouldn't have rescued anyone." The blue hat kid protested.

"That may be," Nightwing said to them. "But this isn't the first time he's pulled kind of stunt. Intentionally endangering the lives of teammates in order to further his own agenda or guard against his own personal demons. It's unacceptable so until you prove yourself a team player, you have no place on this team."

"Wow," Arsenal scoffed, as he looks between Nightwing and Spirit. "From what I've heard, Spark was just the same way when she first joined team, abandoning the mission, when she felt fitted, the difference is I came back and helped save the team, she just stays hidden until the mission was completed. I see where your favoritism lies."

Spirit's turn red, as she raised her finger at Arsenal. "Don't compare yourself to Spark, she has never put any other teammate in danger and risked their lives. Spark has also proven herself time and time again that she is a team player for the past months. And you can't speak, on what you weren't there for. So don't act like you know what you're talking about, because I remember correctly, Spark was trying to fight Blue, not run."

"Now let's get aboard and get out of here." Nightwing got in between the two, he grabbed Spirit's wrist, and pulled away from Arsenal and onto the ramp of the Bioship. "We can discuss this further when we're not behind enemy lines."

The four meta teens looked at each other, before looking back at the older teens. "Sounds like there's nothing left to discuss."

"See, we don't need your help getting back to Earth, or your offer to join the team." The lightning boy told him, Nightwing narrowed his eyes at the kids, trying to figure where they're going with this. Spirit also looked at the teens suspiciously. "We have our own way of doing things."

"What do you say, bro, want to ride with us?" They asked Arsenal.

"Sounds like a plan," Arsenal tells them, moving closer to the group.

"Hold the phone, you want to willingly take him?" Spirit looked at them with disbelief. "And make a team with him? Did you not just hear the part where he almost got his teammates killed. Not once, but twice. I think you kids need to rethink who you hang out with."

The teens ignored, her the girl with two eyes colors pulls out a purple looking mother box, Nightwing's eyes widen, "Wait, is that a--"

"Home, please." She spoke ignoring Nightwing as well, and a boom tube opened from underneath the five teens and they fell through.

Nightwing shared a horrified look with Spirit, whose face quickly changed, "I don't know, what I should be feeling at this moment, upset that the kids ignored me, or happy they ignored you too. And then the feeling of horror that those kids have a weird mother box thing, and then there's the whole Arsenal thing that just happened. And now there are four rouged meta humans teens with a mother box thing with an angry superpowered teen with a robot arm with them. Well, a lot just happened in five seconds."