15 - Show Me

I pushed my hair behind my ear nervous to know what will come out of his mouth.

"Yeah," I quietly responded back to his question. I waited for a moment before he took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Im s...so happy for you that you got the job I know your gonna be great at it," he started talking then stuttered making it sound like he changed what he was going to originally say. What the fuck.

"Oh...um thank you," I didn't really know what to say or respond to that, but that was the best that I could do.

I felt strange, hurt, angry I didn't know how to feel. He says he wants to talk to me about something and just tells me he's happy for me? I shouldn't be disappointed because why would he need to tell me something important it's not like he's going to say sorry and tell me he has feelings for me. I need to stop imagining that l can this dream of someone caring about my emotions and how I feel.

I walked into the house with Calum following behind me. No words have been spoken since he said he was happy for me. I really feel like he's hiding something. He's just so confusing I want to hate him. After walking in the house I saw two new guys sitting on the couch with beers in hand. Ashton was in the kitchen leaning on the counter.

"Alex!" He exclaimed and walked over to give me a tight hug.

"Ashton I can't breath," I managed to speak after having the air crushed from my lungs. He pulled away quickly and I laughed at him.

"Sorry, I'm just so happy for you! Need a drink?" He grabbed the bottle from the counter and handed it to me.

"You know just want I need," I smiled and took the bottle from his grasp and immediately took a sip.

"Oh, Alex this is Michael and Luke they are are best friends from back home," He pointed to the guys I smiled and waved over to them.

Michael had purple hair and an eyebrow piercing that suited him very well, and Luke had these amazing blonde curls and a nose piercing that was extremely attractive. I could feel myself being attracted to Luke, and the way he smiled back to me. I definitely want to get to know him tonight. I have to just ignore my feelings for Calum because he simply doesn't care. So why should I care if I start talking to a new boy. I held my bottle in my hand and walked over to sit on the chair next to where Luke was sitting on the couch. Calum sat in the chain across from me and Ashton sat in the empty space on the couch.

"So Alex how do you know Ashton and Calum?" The pretty blonde hair boy began to talk to me.

"Well I met Ashton at a party and he took me home where I met Calum, and its been pretty great since then," I replied back to him and took a sip of my drink. The warm feeling of the alcohol was comforting. I'm gonna lose myself again tonight, and that is totally fine with me. I'm celebrating my accomplishments.

"Ashton has always been pretty smooth not surprising he took you home," Luke smirked at Ashton winking as he looked over at him. I chuckled to myself knowing I would never look at Ashton that way. He's too close as a brother to me.

"It wasn't like that," Calum butted in. I furrowed my eyebrows. Luke was obviously making a joke and not being serious.

"Obviously not shes like my sister although she can be highly annoying she's still pretty great," Ashton said laughing cutting off the awkwardness that arose from Calum's random response. I took in a sharp breath and pushed my hair back.

"Thanks Ashton means a lot," I laughed at him.

"Oh so your highly annoying?" Luke turned over to me.