9 - My House My Rules

"You what?" I asked him again. I couldn't believe the words that just came out of his mouth. He shook his head then ran his fingers through his hair after sucking in a deep breath.

"Evan talk to me please," I put my hand on top of his. He opened his mouth to speak again, but stopped after a knock echoed from the door. I got up from the couch, and opened the door to let Matt in.

"Hey" he shrugged while his hands were stuffed into his pockets. I greeted him then stepped back to allow him inside. I then let the door gently close behind me.

Evan took his gaze from the floor and looked up at Matt with a dead glare. It was like Evan knew exactly why Matt was here. He just got up from the couch then they walked into Evans room.

Evan he just looked so empty like he wasn't there. I shrugged off what he had said a moment earlier, and began to focus on the mess that was in front of me. Glass was scattered across the floor. I grabbed a bag from the kitchen and began to pick up the pieces. Trying to be careful not to let the jagged ones cut my hand. I sweeped up the fragments and dumped them into the trash. This wasn't an unusual thing for me to do. I've picked up many pieces of glass from when my dad gotten drunk and decided to throw the empty bottles against the wall. I just never thought I would have to be doing this again. Picking up someone else's mess and all their broken pieces.

Matt and Evan have been talking in the bedroom for about an hour. I don't really know what about though. All I could hear faint frustrating yells coming from behind the closed door. They weren't fighting they were just arguing, but it doesn't sound too good. I continued to watch the door from the down the hall. It eventually swung open with Matt walking from out of it. Matt walked straight by me and over to the door.

"Bye Alex," he said to me then he opened the door and left.

I looked back up at Evan who was now standing in front of me.

"You wanna tell me what that was about?" I crossed my arms.

"Stay out of it Alex," He warned.

"You are telling me what the hell happened, and I'm not going to take no for an answer."

"Did you hear me?" He cocked his head to the side.

"Because I don't think that you did. I said stay out of it now end of the Fucking Story," he raised his voice at the end. I turned my head and bit my tongue.

"Don't raise your fucking voice at me, and don't tell me what I'm going to do," I paused and stood up from where I was sitting on the floor so I could look at him in the eye.

"I'm going to know what happened and you are going to tell me. I live in this house, and whatever mess you got yourself into. I'm going to be caught up into it too so you're going to tell me or I'm leaving," I sternly told him. I'm so done with him.

"Leaving? Alex you have no where else to go. So...you're staying right Here, with Me, under My rules," he raised his voice at me again.

I shook my head out of annoyance and rolled my eyes while biting down hard on my bottom lip, "I don't have rules, and I gave you a chance. Now I'm leaving."

I sharply turned my heel and began to walk back into my bedroom. Evan stopped me placing a firm grasp on my wrist forming a bruise.

"Alex," is all he said.

"What Evan?!" I raised my voice at him while throwing his arm off of my wrist.

"I told you that you are telling me what happened or I'm leaving! Now move!" I tried to push him aside because he was now blocking the hall that led to my bedroom. He didn't budge.

"Move Evan," I looked at him in his eyes.

"Alex you aren't going anywhere," he kept a firm stance infront of me and he didn't budge. I ignored him and continued to try to push myself by him. I kept pushing his chest, but he wouldn't let me through.

"Fine, have it your way," I huffed while crossing arms against my chest.

If he won't let me go into my room to get anything then I'll just leave empty handed.

I turned sharply and I took off. I went out of the front door, and I guess he wasn't expecting me to actually leave because he didn't even try to pull me back. He didn't even chase after me. He just let me go.