8

Ajax, Allison and I closed the shop at eight when it was beginning to get slow. Allison finished counting the money as I swept the floor and Ajax washed the dishes. Allison let us go with a lemon pie and a large smile, telling us to not bother coming to work tomorrow, that we had the day off. The car ride was long and quiet, we got home at eight and we took a shower. Separately...we took a shower separately.

I put on a pair of navy jeans, Axel's white sweater and Timberland boots. I tried to fix my hair out of my eyes but the brown fluff kept falling. Ajax chuckled and fixed my hair in the bathroom, putting a light coating of spray on it to keep it in place. His fingers felt good against my head, lightly scratching it as he brushed my hair back. While Ajax fixed my hair he was completely shirtless, only wearing a pair of black ripped jeans that were unbuttoned. I got a good look at his tattoos though, black wings that covered his back, a sleeve of black roses and a name of "Asher" written on his chest, the side over his heart. A part of me wanted to ask what those tattoo's meant but my reason told me not to ask.

I thanked him and grabbed my phone and wallet, shoving them in my front pockets. Ajax grabbed his keys, wallet, phone and the lemon pie before locking the apartment. I pushed my small, pale hands deeper in the sleeves of Axel's sweater as we walked outside. The garage was empty, the cold wind brushing through as the metro drove past us. We got in the car and drove out of our small town, the snow beginning to hit the car we drove out of the garage. The streets were busy, people walking on the sidewalk and cars packed on the road. The seat warmers were on but I still felt a cold chill run down my back, but it wasn't from the cold.

We drove for about a half hour, getting to a large house at nine thirty. Ajax carried the pie with one hand and knocked on the door with the other. He took a deep breath and turned to me saying,

"If Chris gives you any trouble just tell me okay."

I nodded and began to play with Axel's silver bracelet nervously, my fingers almost numbing from the cold. When we arrived, Ajax didn't even knock on the door, he just walked in the large house. A loud yelling came from the kitchen, Ajax took my hand as I followed him there. Once we were in the view of people though he let go of my hand. Two woman and a man were in the room. The guy and the girl sitting at the table while the other girl sat on the table. The girl that was sitting on the table was sofie, her pink hair in a French braid. Sofie jumped off the table and ran over to me, giving me a big hug.

"Yay you showed up!" She giggled, squeezing me in a hug without crushing me.

She pulled away and smiled at Ajax, waving at him saying, "Hey"

He just nodded back and walked over to the other girl, giving her a big hug. Ajax turned to me, her arm still wrapped around the girl as he explained who these people were.

"Noah you already know Sofie but this is Emma..." He began, gesturing over to the black haired girl, "And this is Chris." Hawk added, guestering over to the guy who was sitting at the table.

"Hi." Emma smiled, giving me a small wave.

I waved back while Chris just stared at me, going back to drink his beer.

"Aren't you supposed to be twenty one to drink Chris." Ajax asked, glaring at Chris's beer.

"I tried to warn him." Emma sighed, looking completely defeated.

"Last time I checked it was none of your business." Chris smirked, looking at Emma.

Emma rolled her eyes, rubbing her forehead to stop an upcoming headache as Sofie wrapped her arm around mine. She dragged me to the kitchen and handed me a cupcake that had pink frosting with blue sprinkles on it.