11

Work went by slowly, which made it more agonizing. Ajax brought me out of a coma-like state every so often when I would stare off at something. Nothing he did could catch my attention until he wacked me with a wooden spoon. I felt bad about it but every time he wacked me with the spoon again all my feelings washed away and I wanted to be the one that smacked him with a spoon. Once the shop was getting slow and it was about two hours until closing time Allison came out and gave Ajax the key to close up the shop. She left with a wave and a 'good luck', leaving Ajax and me to sit in uncomfortable silence.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my brown hair and scratched my face as I sunk down to the floor. Ajax came from around the counter and lightly kicked my foot, signaling me to stand up. I sighed and got up, letting my hair fall in front of my blue eyes. Once my hair fell in my eyes I had gotten one of my long lashes in my eye. I winced and stepped back, grabbing my eye and rubbing it. Ajax walked up to me and lightly moved my hands out of my face as he opened my eye and blew into it. Within a few blows the lash was out of my eye and hands were on my cheeks. I held in my breath as he looked at me, his eyes searching mine for a secret.

"You still love him." He whispered, pressing his body against mine as he stared into my eyes.

The coffee shop was empty and a cold wind blew through us as we turned to the door, Ajax moving his hands away from my face. Chris was standing at the door in all his glory, his hand in his hair and his pearly whites displaying a smirk.

"Can I get a coffee, lover boy?" Chris asked, looking up at Hawk from his leaned position on the counter.

Ajax nodded and gave Chris a black coffee with so much sugar in it I was sure he was going to get diabetes. Chris licked his lips and began to drink it, looking at us with black bags under his eyes. He smirked as he put his coffee cup down.

Chris grabbed Ajax's collar from the other side of the counter and pulled something out of his pocket. He poured a small bottle of whisky in his coffee before he pushed away from Ajax. Chris placed the empty whisky bottle in his pocket before he pulled away from Ajax. The smirk of success and trickery was plastered as he took a large swig of the whiskey doused coffee.

"Listen man, I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't do but..." Chris began, holding the steaming coffee by the top.

Chris being the tipsy man he was, pointed a shaken finger at me saying, "he's not your type."

Ajax smirked, almost confirming the fact that I wasn't his type. Ajax around the counter and wrapped his arm around Chris as he practically dragged him out of the store. Ajax kicked Chris's back before returning to the store, rubbing his hands together.

He was glaring daggers at me, for a reason I didn't know. But he grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the people into the kitchen. Although I have been working in this store for almost a month now I still haven't been back here. The kitchen was decorated with white walls and black floors, every utensil was black or silver.

Ajax walked over to me and stood over me, looking down at me with an annoyed look on his face.

"Listen, Noah, I don't want you getting to know Chris. He's a dick. He's not a guy you want to get involved with." Ajax stated, gripping his hands together to make tight fists against his shirt.

I nodded but then looked up at him asking, "Then why do you get involved with him?"

Ajax looked at me shocked, he took a step back before unclenching his fists. He stared at me for a few moments, in utter disbelief. Soon his face turned from shock to one of deep thought. He stuck his head and turned to walk out of the kitchen, leaving me with an unanswered question.