19

Was it bad that I was content with my life, no. I had finally realized that it wasn't bad that I was in a happy, solid relationship with a man I love. I knew I wasn't selfish for it, I knew I deserved this just as much as Axel deserved someone to. I wasn't going to butcher my happiness over his feelings. A feeling that didn't even matter as much as it used to. Sure I still cared for him, but there was someone I cared for more now.

That person stayed with me during the rough patches of my life and helped me to express myself. I wasn't the quiet "kid" anymore around him. I had a life and purpose that was solely based on me giving my opinion in situations. I had found someone who loved and cherished me no matter what.

At this point who cares about the meaning of life when you find someone that cares about you and the feeling is reciprocated. People say that there's a meaning of life, maybe the meaning is just surviving it. Now I found out that surviving life really isn't that bad.

———AJAX'S POV———

I skimmed through the choices of jewelry, not seeing anything of interest. When I grew up I never had parents that were there. My parents died when I was three years old; because of my young age I was brought up and raised by my grandparents. Along the way of living with them I met Allison when I was twenty, meeting her and getting a job there after I had gotten laid off.

The advertising company that I had worked at previously was going out of business so I decided to try Allison's job. She took me in as her son since she didn't have any and bought me my first alcoholic drink. Now here she was helping me pick out jewelry.

"I feel like a child Allison..." I stated, turning around from the cases of rings and necklaces, bracelets and ear rings to the door.

"These are nice." Allison suggested, pointing towards a pit of emerald studs with gold backings.

I looked at the ear rings and decided that was it, no more shopping for three years.

———NOAH'S POV———

I watched as the man that I loved danced to rock music in the kitchen while baking a cake. He wouldn't tell me why or let me look at the cake which annoyed me but never the less it made me laugh. I sipped on my wine as I sat back watching an anime that Ajax had wanted me to watch. He had been bugging me to watch this anime for years now and since I had nothing better to do because his dumbass wouldn't let me in the kitchen I just sat and watched the anime.

Ajax came in holding a cake and having a blank yet determined look on his face. He looked like he was going to kill a man if he hadn't already. He didn't look mad or conflicted but he did look annoyed. He cut the cake with such precision, handing it to me as he sat next to me. Once he was comfortable he pulled me closer to him from my waist and handed me a fork.

I looked at my slice in confusion as it had letters that I hadn't read on it. I looked silently at my piece that had the letter 'E' on it as I slowly lifted my head to read the rest. When I finished reading what was on the cake I saw Ajax kneeling on one knee in front of me. I looked from him to the cake continuously, trying to figure out if what I was seeing was correct or just a figure of my imagination. He had a box in his hand, opened to show off a silver wedding band.

I stepped back, falling over the couch that I had previously been sitting on. Ajax put the ring on the table and helped me up, holding my hands steady as I pushed myself up. I shakenly nodded my head and breathlessly answered,

"Yes Ajax...i'll marry you..."