1

"Are you sure it's okay for you to take off work?" I asked, looking at my boyfriend with a concerned yet amused look on my face.

"Lovely I'm fine, I made triple sure with my boss just for your sake." My boyfriend, Axel reassured, trying to not throw the star on the ground.

"And are you sure that you don't need help?" Noah asked, looking at his boyfriend struggle to put the final touch on the tree, the star.

Axel had been determined to get the star on top of the tree for about three years now. Yet not to his avail the star never stayed on top. This year though, Axel was going to make that change and have the best tree ever. He bought an extra tall tree so the star would be pressed up against the ceiling and the tree, no chance of falling.

"Yep" He smiled, stepping off the ladder to admire his completed work.

Axel backed up to stand next to me as he wrapped his arm around my waist. A childish smile formed on his face as he looked at his finished product. I couldn't help but laugh slightly while I watched him admire the work like a small child.

"It's perfect lovely." Axel gushed, hugging me tighter as he kissed the top of my head.

I nodded and pushed myself out of his grasp, walking over to the couch to turn some cheesy Christmas movie on. Axel walked into the kitchen to make some popcorn and hot chocolate while I scrolled through the movies. Throughout the movie Axel looked at the tree, glaring at the star as if that would keep it on top. I chuckled as I watched my boyfriend have an internal battle with a Christmas decoration.

"Oh before I forget..." Axel started, pulling his eyes away from the tree to look at me below him, "My family is coming the day after Christmas, you'll get to see Oli."

"It's been a while." I stated, thinking about the last time I had seen Oliver let alone his parents.

"There really exited." Axel beemed, ruffling my hair like a small child.

"I think your more excited." I chuckled, shaking my head to get his hand off it.

Axel blushed, rolling his eyes before cuddling me closer to his chest.

I finished the movie while Axel  finished cooking Christmas dinner. He made me taste test everything for a second perspective before wrapping everything and putting it in our large fridge. I cleaned the kitchen while Axel changed to get ready for bed.

We sat on the ouch and watched out movie, allowing sleep to come to us natually. Axel was talking and laughing throughout the whole movie where I stayed scilent and listened to him ramble. I chuckled at some of the things he said, the mere thought of him rambling like a child brought me enough happiness. Axel sunk deeper in my lap as I played with his hair, scratching his neck and he hummed in content.

"You want to go get some coffee?" Axel asked from bellow me, looking up at me with puppy dog eyes.

I nodded as a large smile appeared on his face. He jumped up, walking over to his room to pick out a sweater. He walked out waring an olive sweater and navy blue jeans, matching the outfit with black boots.

"It's a little late for coffee but we can get some tea." I suggested, shrugging my shoulders.

Axel nodded and grabbed my hand, squeezing it slightly before taking me out into the cold.

----------

Snow fell from the sky as I looked out the hot window of the library. I sighed, knowing I was dressed warm enough for the cold but not enough for the snow.

"What? Don't like the cold?" Axel asked, looking at me with a smile and two hot coffees in his hands.

He handed me the black coffee, immediately making my warm hands even warmer.