2

Axel was in the hospital, his parents were called immediately. Within two days they were in the states from London. I didn't find out anything about how he was because I was not his immediate family. Not that I wanted to anyway, no news is good news. That mean's nothing will happen. That's how I saw it, but sadly that way didn't help my nerves. A week later his parents came to our shared apartment with open arms, ready for me to cry in them. For the second time that day I balled my eyes out, this time in his mother's arms.

"He'll be fine, he's just going to be living his life a little bit differently now." His mother smiled, trying to make me feel better.

Being paralyzed, he was never going to be able to go and live his life. I stayed in my bedroom while his mother made me lazania and a large chocolate cake, Axel's favorite kind of cake. I heard nothing throughout that week. Within that week I only ate cereal, pouring the milk in after. His mother visited during the last day with Axel, sitting in a wheelchair.

They left with sad expressions as I turned to Axel, bringing him to the couch and turning on his favorite show. I left him sitting there, not saying anything to him as I made two stakes. What was I supposed to say to him, we won't be able to do anything like we did anymore. I stared out the kitchen window, watching the snow that had been falling for hours slowly dispur.

Dragging myself away from the window I poured two glasses of white wine on the table since Axel hated red. The stakes went on next, his done medium and mine well done. He wheeled himself over to the table as I moved a chair so he could get in his wheelchair. He turned to me with a bored expression and began eating, saying thank you with a full mouth. I smiled and began eating, the stakes juices filling my mouth. I hummed in delight as Axel had a small smile displayed on his face after eating one bite.

The dinner was quiet, as was the rest of the night. I changed Axel, making sure to put him in his favorite white knit sweater.

"What would I do without you Noah?" Axel asked, kissing my lips roughly.

I smiled and kissed him back.

Axel smiled, his pearly white teeth showing as he ran his fingers through his back hair.

He reached out and touched my hair, pushing it out of my blue eyes saying, "You need to cut this lovely."

"I thought you liked my brown hair?" I asked, laughing as I swatted his hand away from my hair.

"I do but it's getting too long, I can't see your face lovely." He stated, furring his eyebrows in confusion.

I laughed which only made his confused face turn into a large smile. I drank my wine as Axel finished his stake. I got up and put our tan plates into the silver sink, grabbing Axel's pain meds on the way.

I handed Axel's meds to him as I rolled him to the couch, picking him up and dragging him on the couch. He was two times heavier than me so this proved difficult. My skinny structure and lack of masculinity made this ten times more difficult then any normal person. It didn't help that Axel constantly went to the gym after work four times a week. Soon after his laugh filled my ears and soon the teasing began which only made me blush. After I made sure he was comfortable I turned on the tv and Axel dry downed his pain meds.

I gagged and asked,  "Why do you do that to yourself?".

"It's simple." he stated, saying it as if it was the most simple thing to understand in the world.

I shook my head with a small smile on my face. Axel pulled his face close to mine and kissed my lips, making me get on top of him. His hands wandered down my back and grabbed my ass tightly. Those unholy thoughts of ours probably would've ran rapid if it wasn't for him groaning and grabbing his abdomen. Axel gave me a sheepish smile as I lifted his shirt and saw the blood-stained bandages.