Part 6

"Bells! I think you've had enough now, don't you?"

Larry's voice is stern and carries across the table, cutting though the monotonous beat of the dance music.

I pause to look at him, shot glass in hand, then raise it up in a gesture like he's just proposed a toast. He narrows his eyes at me. Who would have ever thought that Larry would end up being the sensible one? I tip my head back, downing the contents and grimacing at the taste, and then slam the empty glass down on the table.

"You're on one tonight!" Van chuckles gleefully.

The drunker I get the more touchy-feely I'm becoming and I place my hand on his thigh, earning a smug grin from him.

"Is it your round Van?" I purr, cosying up to him.

"Yeah, yeah sure," he says without hesitation, rising up out of his seat. "Don't have too much fun without me while I'm gone though, eh?"

Larry grudgingly goes with Van to give him a hand so I turn to Johnny who's starting to look a little worse for wear now. He's got a slightly glazed look in his eyes and his hat's perching on his head at a ridiculous angle which makes me giggle. I stretch out a hand and swipe it off his head on impulse, laughing even harder at his shocked expression.

"Hey, give that back!" He yelps, reaching out for it, but I just move my hand farther away, out of his reach so has to lean right over me.

I just shake my head at him with a teasing grin. "Nuh-uh!"

"You'd better give that back right now!" He says in a mock serious voice.

"Or else?" I taunt.

"Or you're going to be in very big trouble young lady!"

"Oh yeah?" I raise an eyebrow, leaning even further back. "Is that a threat or a promise?"

Johnny's enjoying this, his face cracking into a cheeky grin as he leans right over so his body's hovering over mine as I recline on the seat.

"Carry on and you'll find out..."

I push myself even further back and he advances on me until his hand slips off the seat, causing him to suddenly lurch forward, his head ending up slap-bang in the middle of my cleavage.

"Shit! I'm so sorry!" He blurts out, hurriedly scrambling to rise up, looking a little shaken.

"Fuck's sake! What's going on 'ere?" Larry's voice suddenly sounds from behind and it's risen a good few octaves.

Johnny looks awkward as he pushes himself fully up. My god is he actually blushing? It's hard to tell in the dim lighting in this part of the club. I sling his hat back at him and he plops it straight back on his head, looking up a little sheepishly at Larry.

"Nothing!" I say, giving Larry a butter-wouldn't-melt kind of expression.

I turn to Van, surprised to see that he looks disgruntled even though he's trying to hide it. "What's up with you?"