Chapter 131: Someone You Loved.

[But now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And you're not here
To get me through it all]

     It took 10 minutes for Harry to convince me that him and Via would be fine. I'd be going back to work today, but it felt too soon. I know it's the separation anxiety talking, but I still couldn't bring myself to part with Via yet. I knew I had to eventually, but with all the recent events with the breakup with Niall and all the press and attention we had gotten afterwards, Via was the one to tie me down to Earth and calm me down.

     But eventually, I finally got out of Harry's house as they stood by the door while I walked to my car. They waved as I began to pull out of the driveway and peel away from Harry's house. Through the rear view mirror, I saw Harry and Via go back inside and close the door, making me let out a low sigh. 

     Harry's house was a bit farther from the company than my old apartment was, but it didn't make me late, even with the stupid traffic jam halfway there. I leaned back in my seat and heard the angry drivers honk at the cars in front of them as if it were to help. I rubbed the bottom of my belly, trying to sooth the growing cramps and used the other hand to massage the side of my head. It was crazy that after having Via, my period came back like never before.

     Eventually, I got to work and parked the car in the usual place where I normally parked. I wasn't supposed to come back to work for another week, but Mr. King requested that I did because there was supposed to be an important meeting today for the staff. I went up to the level I usually was and found Kelly behind the desk like usual, only this time, her hair was a bright purple. 

     "Wow! Nemphadora Tonks, make way for Kelly the receptionist." I joked as I went up to greet her as per usual when I did come to work.

     "Well if it isn't Ms. Emily, the new mom in town. Nemphadora Tonks, make way for Emily the photographer." Kelly joked back. I laughed, shoving my keys back into my bag. "How's the life treating you?" Kelly asked.

     "I hardly get any sleep. It's a more one-sided friendship, but it works."

     "Ah, see, this is why I will never become a mom." I laughed again, shaking my head. "Anyways, the meeting is being held in the conference room next to Mr. King's office. Better hurry, though, it starts in 15 minutes."

     "Thanks, Kelly. Save me a donut, would you?"

     "Will do." Kelly saluted. I chuckled again and made my way to the conference room.

     On the way home, the only words that echoed through were haunting me and beginning to piss me off. Seriously, how could technology replace the human photographers? There are different methods to all of the other photographers and yet, they think it's a good idea to fire us all because of this new system? There's nothing good that's going to come out of this. Also because of the fact that I was one of the lucky winners to hear the words and receive the papers. 

     "You're fired."

------

Niall's Pov:

      "Sir, not to be rude or anything, but um.." I looked up lazily at the bartender who looked almost afraid to try and kick me out. "We'll be closing soon a-and I think you've had enough to drink--"

      "I'll fucking decide for myself when I've had enough, thank you." I snapped, slamming the glass back down on the counter. 

     "I-I'm sorry. I just.. we're about to close and perhaps I can call you a cab..?"

     "No. I can call it for myself." I grunted, getting back up from the stool with a bit of struggle. I began to mutter things under my breath as I stumbled to the door, my head feeling overweight and feeling like it might fall off.

     "S-Sir, you have to pay for that--!"

     "Add it to the tab." I snapped again, pushing the door and walking out, squinting at the brightest light that seemed like I was dead. Was I dead? I groaned, holding my head in my hands and stumbled down the sidewalk to the car parked on the curb. The sight of the tow-truck attaching my car to the hook made my blood boil and my fists clench. "OI! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?" I asked loudly, stomping towards the man.

     "Is this your vehicle?" The guy asked, standing up straighter. 

     "So what if it is? What the hell are ya--?"

     "Sir, you were parked in a no parking zone and been here for more than 12 hours. It's required that I take it--"

     "FINE. Fine. Where do I pick it up." I demanded. The guy handed me a card and a packet of papers held together on a paperclip. 

     "You'll need to pay a 50 dollar fine by the date on the papers. You'll get the delinquent payment penalty if failure to do so and--"

     "Save your breath, I got it." I grunted.  

     The guy shrugged, dropping his arms while still holding the clipboard. "Alright." And then he left. 

     What a great way to start the week. 

------

[Someone You Loved- Lewis Capaldi]

------