Chapter 113: What Hurts The Most.

[What hurts the most was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away]

A COUPLE DAYS LATER

      "Yes, Emily. I'll meet you guys there." Niall assured as I washed the dishes. 

      "I'm serious, Niall. This is Via's first pumpkin picking. It's very important to me that you're there." I tried to explain as I turned off the faucet after rinsing out the last baby bottle. 

      "And it's important to me too. I promise that I'll be there." He said, putting his hands on the sides of my arms. 

      "Okay." I sighed with a smile. I looked over to the rocking chair that Via was strapped in and saw her watching Monsters Inc on the TV while the rocker rocked her.

      The next day, Niall left earlier to the studio, me hoping that it's so he can get out earlier. I dressed Via in an autumn onesie with a pair of pants that had a design of different colored leaves. I placed a little bow to clip back her hair and slipped on her little shoes. I dressed myself in a yellow baseball tee with a simple pair of jeans. I brushed and straightened my hair and did my usual makeup routine. I kept my glasses on today, since my head had been hurting after keeping in my contacts for a couple days. I replaced my fuzzy socks with my white Vans and got a couple coats, not knowing how cold it'd be tonight.

      I got Via's diaper bag ready and heard the door open and a laughing baby, making me realize that Tom and Yomara were here. "Helloo." Yomara sang out, dropping her diaper bag on the ground. I smiled, looking up at them, screwing closed one of the bottles. 

      "Hi." 

      "Jesus, feels like forever since I've seen you." Yomara says, hugging me quickly. 

      "Hey, Em." Tom greeted, holding their son. 

      "Oh my God, this can't be the little Ashton that I remember!" I exclaimed to the now, older little boy that was laughing in Tom's arms. He only giggled, probably not knowing what I was saying since he still wasn't a year old. 

      "Daddy." He says. I looked at Yomara who only shrugged. 

      "He said it the other day and hasn't stopped." She says, going to the living room where Via was sleeping in her car seat.

      "How's little Via?" Tom asked, putting down Ash, who crawled to Yomara. 

      "Not bad. She pees a lot." I chuckled, grabbing the pump to get some milk out before we headed out. 

      "Oh yeah? Do you feed her a lot, or is that a genetic thing?" I chuckled, plugging in the pump. 

      "Oh, a hundred percent genetic." I joked, sitting on a chair. Tom turned around and Yomara was looking the opposite direction as I adjusted the pump. "Okay, I got it." I sighed, turning on the pump and feeling it start to suck out milk from my breasts and into the bottles attached at the end. 

      "Do you use that often?" Yomara asked, holding Ashton. 

      I shook my head, "I only do it a couple times a week and then have bottles in the fridge. For the most part, Via feeds off of me." I explained, even though I don't think that I needed to. 

      Yomara nodded, "I didn't want to breastfeed. That scares me." 

      "Of course it does." I joked. Yomara only rolled her eyes and continued to play with Ashton while I finished.